Digital TV News: LOVEFiLM
Downturn in video spending correlates with Netflix availability
Feb 24, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its report measuring spend on movies and TV shows. According to the report, there is a clear correlation between the launch of Netflix and a decline in video spending.
News categories: IHS Inc, Helen Davis Jayalath, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA, Worldwide
Total UK video entertainment spend to reach £10bn by 2018
Apr 9, 2014 – Overall video entertainment spend in the UK is expected to reach £10 billion by 2018, averaging 2% annual growth between 2014 and 2018, according to the latest research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Cable TV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, UK
Pay-TV operators look to 'second screen' apps and enhanced DVR
Feb 12, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, value-added services like second screen apps and enhanced DVR capabilities have gained in popularity due to the convergence happening in the living room between smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
BT launches buy-to-keep movies service
Feb 5, 2014 – Customers are now able to buy many of the latest blockbusters from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, along with a selection of modern greats and classics, on BT’s YouView box.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Robert Price, Pete Wood, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
Nov 29, 2013 – LOVEFiLM has announced the arrival of the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming application on PlayStation®4 - Sony's next generation video games console. The app allows film and TV fans to access the latest entertainment from the LOVEFiLM Instant catalogue.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Sony Computer Entertainment, Simon Morris, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, OTT, UK
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
Nov 22, 2013 – Members of LOVEFiLM can now access thousands of films and TV shows from the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming catalogue on Xbox One, Microsoft's new generation all-in-one gaming and entertainment system.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Simon Morris, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, OTT, UK
BSkyB launches £9.99 NOW TV HDMI dongle
Jul 26, 2013 – The £9.99 (~$15) NOW TV Box measures 84mm x 84mm x 24mm, plugs into a TV set via HDMI, and connects to the internet over the user's wireless home network. NOW TV offers terrestrial catch-up, pay-as-you-go sport and movies on demand.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
BSkyB's NOW TV arrives on PlayStation 3
Jul 5, 2013 – NOW TV, the internet TV service from the Uk's BSkyB (LSE:BSY), is now available on PlayStation®3. NOW TV offers instant access to Sky Movies and all six Sky Sports channels with no contract, set-up costs or installation.
News categories: BSkyB, Gaming, OTT, UK
TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
May 16, 2013 – TalkTalk signed up 150,000 new subscribers to its YouView service in the first three months of this year - making TalkTalk TV the UK's fastest-growing new TV service.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian