Digital TV News: LOVEFiLM
Downturn in video spending correlates with Netflix availability
Feb 24, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its report measuring spend on movies and TV shows. According to the report, there is a clear correlation between the launch of Netflix and a decline in video spending.
News categories: IHS Inc, Helen Davis Jayalath, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA, Worldwide
Total UK video entertainment spend to reach £10bn by 2018
Apr 9, 2014 – Overall video entertainment spend in the UK is expected to reach £10 billion by 2018, averaging 2% annual growth between 2014 and 2018, according to the latest research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Cable TV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, UK
Pay-TV operators look to 'second screen' apps and enhanced DVR
Feb 12, 2014 – According to Infonetics Research, value-added services like second screen apps and enhanced DVR capabilities have gained in popularity due to the convergence happening in the living room between smartphones, tablets, and connected TVs.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
BT launches buy-to-keep movies service
Feb 5, 2014 – Customers are now able to buy many of the latest blockbusters from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, along with a selection of modern greats and classics, on BT’s YouView box.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Robert Price, Pete Wood, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
Nov 29, 2013 – LOVEFiLM has announced the arrival of the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming application on PlayStation®4 - Sony's next generation video games console. The app allows film and TV fans to access the latest entertainment from the LOVEFiLM Instant catalogue.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Sony Computer Entertainment, Simon Morris, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, OTT, UK
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
Nov 22, 2013 – Members of LOVEFiLM can now access thousands of films and TV shows from the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming catalogue on Xbox One, Microsoft's new generation all-in-one gaming and entertainment system.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Simon Morris, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, OTT, UK
BSkyB launches £9.99 NOW TV HDMI dongle
Jul 26, 2013 – The £9.99 (~$15) NOW TV Box measures 84mm x 84mm x 24mm, plugs into a TV set via HDMI, and connects to the internet over the user's wireless home network. NOW TV offers terrestrial catch-up, pay-as-you-go sport and movies on demand.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
BSkyB's NOW TV arrives on PlayStation 3
Jul 5, 2013 – NOW TV, the internet TV service from the Uk's BSkyB (LSE:BSY), is now available on PlayStation®3. NOW TV offers instant access to Sky Movies and all six Sky Sports channels with no contract, set-up costs or installation.
News categories: BSkyB, Gaming, OTT, UK
TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
May 16, 2013 – TalkTalk signed up 150,000 new subscribers to its YouView service in the first three months of this year - making TalkTalk TV the UK's fastest-growing new TV service.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform