Digital TV News: MIPS Technologies
iPPea Brings 'Smart' Android Experience to any HDMI-Enabled DTV
Jul 9, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) and iPPea have announced iPPea's new iPPea TV, an Android 4.0 'Ice Cream Sandwich' dongle that brings the 'smart' Android experience to any HDMI-enabled DTV for $50 (U.S.).
News categories: MIPS Technologies, iPPea, Ingenic, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Streaming, USA
MIPS and Broadcom Sign Patent and Technology License Agreement
Jul 3, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that it has entered into a multi-faceted patent and technology license agreement with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM).
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Broadcom, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
SICMicro Selects MIPS Technologies' Processor IP for New Set-top Box Chip
Apr 17, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that SICMicro has selected its MIPS32® processor cores for the new generation of its highly-secure decoder SoCs for China's rapidly-growing ABS-S set-top box market.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, SICMicro, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Opera TV Now Available for MIPS™ Architecture
Mar 19, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Opera Software have teamed to bring the Opera Devices SDK to the MIPS® processor architecture. The Opera TV Store and the Opera TV browser with WebGL™ support are now available for MIPS-Based™ digital home devices.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Opera Software, CCBN, Middleware, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Video Exchange
MIPS Technologies and SiS Continue to Drive Android™ Into the Digital Home
May 31, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Taiwan's Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) have announced that they have collaborated to deliver an optimized Android solution on SiS' new MIPS-Based™ integrated internet TV platform, which is available now.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Silicon Integrated Systems, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
MIPS Technologies' Processor IP Drives New Hybrid Media Player/Set-Top Box Chipset From ALi Corp
Apr 25, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that Taiwan's ALi Corporation has based its new system-on-chip (SoC), which is targeted at the emerging 'triple play' market, on its MIPS32® 24KEf™ core.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, ALi Corp, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
MIPS Technologies Processor Cores to Power Mobile TV Devices from MaxRise
Feb 14, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that MaxRise Inc., a Macronix International Co., Ltd. Group Company, has licensed its MIPS32® M4K® processor core to develop mobile TV solutions.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, MaxRise, Mobile, MWC23, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
ACCESS Enhances NetFront™ Series to Support Android™ OS for DTVs and Set-Top Boxes
Jan 6, 2011 – ACCESS (TOKYO: 4813) has announced that it has enhanced its NetFront™ series to support the Android™ OS for DTVs and STBs, implementing its NetFront Browser and NetFront™ Living Connect applications on Sigma Designs' (NASDAQ: SIGM) SMP8656 Secure Media Processor™.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Sigma Designs, MIPS Technologies, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin