Digital TV News: Massive Interactive
Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
Oct 6, 2021 – DFC Intelligence has announced results of a global survey showing that nearly all consumers watch streaming video content monthly and an overwhelming majority (85.4%) would interact with streamed content if they could.
News categories: DFC Intelligence, David Cole, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
Nov 21, 2019 – Deltatre has powered the launch of streaming service BritBox. BritBox chose Deltatre as its front-end and design partner, utilising 'AXIS', the company’s targeted UX management platform, to power the front-end of its streaming service.
News categories: Deltatre, BritBox, Ron Downey, Lee Marshall, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UK, UX
Massive Interactive to be acquired by Deltatre
Nov 8, 2018 – Massive Interactive (OTCBB:HUGE) has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by Deltatre. Deltatre will acquire Massive and its subsidiaries in a cash transaction valued at approximately USD $92 million.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Deltatre, Digital TV, MandA, Mobile, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
DR to use content delivery and UX platform from Massive
Oct 26, 2018 – DR, Denmark’s national public service broadcaster, has selected Massive Interactive to overhaul its OTT streaming service. The OTT service, called DRTV, has been redesigned from the ground up to refresh its core offering for consumers across the country.
News categories: Massive Interactive, DR, Ron Downey, Kristian Waneck, Denmark, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Kaltura Partners with Massive to launch targeted TV solution
Apr 9, 2018 – Massive and Kaltura have announced a partnership that will help video service providers to quickly and seamlessly deliver tailored video experiences based on the attributes, interests, and habits of each individual viewer.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Kaltura, Max Ramsay, Dr. Shay David, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, UX, Worldwide
Massive and Evergent offer MVPDs turnkey OTT via Google Cloud
Apr 6, 2018 – Massive and Evergent, with Google Cloud, have announced a collaboration to create a solution that will enable MVPDs to offer competitive 'a-la-carte' content bundles to their customers.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Evergent, Alex Drosin, Vijay Sajja, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Ten TV app vendors adopt Vewd certification process
Oct 12, 2017 – Vewd has announced that ten of the world’s top TV app vendors will unite in support of the Vewd ecosystem in a bid to unify the fragmented TV app market. The ten app vendors are Accedo, Cisco, Easel TV, Float Left Interactive, Fractal Media, Massive, Tradecast, TV App Agency, Wizitivi, and 24i.
News categories: Vewd, Accedo, TV App Agency, Easel TV, Daniel Nordberg, Michael Lantz, Bruno Pereira, Joe Foster, Apps, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming
Paywizard and Massive Interactive use analytics to optimise OTT UI
Aug 31, 2017 – Paywizard has announced a partnership with Massive Interactive. The collaboration will enable operators to use rich data insight and predictive analytics to more effectively target subscribers and tailor the UI at the key ‘Decision Moments’ in the customer journey.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Paywizard, Ron Downey, Bhavesh Vaghela, Digital TV, IBC, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030