Digital TV News: Maxis
Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
Nov 6, 2019 – Maxis has launched Maxis TV, a video entertainment service that offers premium video content that is affordable and flexible for everyone. VOD passes start from RM3/day bundled with data and include content choices that cover all the favourites.
News categories: Maxis, Navin Manian, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
Jun 12, 2013 – Astro has announced results for its first quarter ending 31 January 2014. The quarter saw the number of pay-TV subscribers increase by 40k to 3.32mn (Q4FY13: 3.28mn), while NJOI customers grew by 55k to 264k (Q4FY13: 209k). The total customer base is now 3.58mn.
News categories: Astro, DVR, Malaysia, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Maxis IPTV service with Astro on track to launch end-1Q 2013
Feb 26, 2013 – Malaysia's Maxis has released fourth quarter year 2012 results. After piloting Astro B.yond IPTV with Maxis Home Fibre Internet service in Maxis' own fibre footprint in December 2012, the company plans a full launch at the end of 1Q 2013.
News categories: Maxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Results
Maxis signs agreements with content partners for IPTV service in Malaysia
Jun 27, 2012 – Maxis has announced its partnership with 14 content providers, securing content for the company's soon-to-be launched IPTV service. Maxis is planning to offer on-demand movies and series, Free-to-Air (FTA) channels, and interactive applications.
News categories: Maxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia
Packet One to offer High Speed Broadband services in Malaysia
Oct 13, 2011 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) and Packet One (P1) are joining forces to accelerate the delivery of High Speed Broadband services to Malaysians. The HSBB service will allow P1 to provide IPTV, VoD and other multimedia services in the future.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Packet One, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV, Malaysia
Dreampark Provides Front-End TV Middleware Solution to Maxisat, Finland
Sep 9, 2010 – Dreampark has announced that it has provided a front-end middleware solution to Maxisat. Maxisat is the first operator in Finland offering TV and OTT services using a scalable vector graphics (SVG) client allowing for HD user interfaces.
News categories: Dreampark, Maxisat, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, Middleware
Malaysia - Qualcomm completes mobile broadcast trials
Mar 18, 2008 – Wireless products and services company Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced that it has just completed a three-month technical trial of its MediaFLO technology with Maxis Communications and Astro All Asia Networks.
News categories: QUALCOMM, Maxis Communications, Astro, Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, Smart TV
QUALCOMM Teams with Maxis and Astro to Trial MediaFLO in Malaysia
Aug 29, 2007 – QUALCOMM (Nasdaq: QCOM), Maxis Communications and ASTRO All Asia Networks have announced that the companies have signed an agreement to conduct a technical trial of QUALCOMM's MediaFLO(TM) technology in Malaysia.
News categories: Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, Smart TV
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA