Digital TV News: NXP
Viaccess-Orca acquires Squadeo
May 24, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has acquired Squadeo. The integration of Squadeo’s multimedia QuickPlayer further strengthens Viaccess-Orca’s Connected Sentinel Player (CSP) offering, enabling an end-to-end solution for delivering live and VOD content.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Squadeo, Paul Molinier, Nicolas Delahaye, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, MandA, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 2.6% in 2016
May 15, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $343.5 billion in 2016, a 2.6% increase from 2015 revenue of $334.9 billion, according to Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased 10.5%.
News categories: Gartner, James Hines, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 1.5% in 2016
Jan 18, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $339.7 billion in 2016, a 1.5 percent increase from 2015 revenue of $334.8 billion, according to preliminary results from Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased by 7.9 percent compared with 2015.
News categories: Gartner, Adriana Blanco, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
NEOTION first implementer of NXP ZigBee 3.0 software
Sep 7, 2016 – NEOTION has announced the first implementation of the NXP ZigBee 3.0 software SDK for its new smart home solution. NEOTION has embedded the latest ZigBee 3.0 technology from NXP into its high-end home automation gateway.
News categories: NEOTION, NXP, Nicolas Stefanelli, Olivier Harquin, Gateway, IBC, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
NXP launches contact smart card interface optimized for pay TV
Feb 20, 2015 – NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ:NXPI) has announced the launch of a new contact smart card interface -- TDA8037. Optimized for pay-TV applications, the TDA8037 offers high levels of card protection, including short circuit detection and ESD protection.
News categories: NXP Semi, Paul Hubmer, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
IC Insights shows big changes in 2013 top 20 semi supplier ranking
Apr 1, 2014 – The top 20 worldwide semiconductor sales leaders for 2013 included nine suppliers headquartered in the U.S., three in Japan, three in Taiwan, three in Europe, and two in South Korea, a relatively broad representation of geographic regions, according to IC Insights.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Verimatrix provides revenue security for Thailand's TrueVision
Mar 24, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that TrueVision has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) architecture to provide revenue security for its premium content service offerings.
News categories: Verimatrix, TrueVision, Nantanee Wongumnitkul, Steve Oetegenn, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Thailand, TV Everywhere
Eutelsat shows ‘smart LNB’ in action at CabSat Dubai
Mar 10, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) is to unveiling more of its 'smart LNB' at CabSat. The 'smart LNB' is a device that bundles DTH reception of TV with a narrowband satellite return channel.
News categories: Eutelsat, Broadband, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Worldwide
Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
Dec 3, 2013 – Following a 2.5 percent decline in 2012, the global semiconductor market has regained its footing in 2013 with revenue set to expand by nearly 5 percent because of the strong performance of the memory sector.
News categories: IHS Inc, Dale Ford, Market Research, Semiconductor
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Innovid enables programmatic interactive CTV ad buying at scale
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026