Digital TV News: NXP
Samsung took over no. 1 slot in semiconductor revenue in 2017
Apr 23, 2018 – Driven by strong growth in the memory market, worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $420.4 billion in 2017, a 21.6 percent increase from 2016 revenue of $345.9 billion, according to final results from Gartner.
News categories: Gartner, George Brocklehurst, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 22.2% in 2017
Jan 4, 2018 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totalled $419.7 billion in 2017, a 22.2% increase from 2016, according to preliminary results by Gartner. Undersupply helped drive 64% revenue growth in memories, which accounted for 31% of revenue in 2017.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca acquires Squadeo
May 24, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has acquired Squadeo. The integration of Squadeo’s multimedia QuickPlayer further strengthens Viaccess-Orca’s Connected Sentinel Player (CSP) offering, enabling an end-to-end solution for delivering live and VOD content.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Squadeo, Paul Molinier, Nicolas Delahaye, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, MandA, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 2.6% in 2016
May 15, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $343.5 billion in 2016, a 2.6% increase from 2015 revenue of $334.9 billion, according to Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased 10.5%.
News categories: Gartner, James Hines, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 1.5% in 2016
Jan 18, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $339.7 billion in 2016, a 1.5 percent increase from 2015 revenue of $334.8 billion, according to preliminary results from Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased by 7.9 percent compared with 2015.
News categories: Gartner, Adriana Blanco, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
NEOTION first implementer of NXP ZigBee 3.0 software
Sep 7, 2016 – NEOTION has announced the first implementation of the NXP ZigBee 3.0 software SDK for its new smart home solution. NEOTION has embedded the latest ZigBee 3.0 technology from NXP into its high-end home automation gateway.
News categories: NEOTION, NXP, Nicolas Stefanelli, Olivier Harquin, Gateway, IBC2023, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
NXP launches contact smart card interface optimized for pay TV
Feb 20, 2015 – NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ:NXPI) has announced the launch of a new contact smart card interface -- TDA8037. Optimized for pay-TV applications, the TDA8037 offers high levels of card protection, including short circuit detection and ESD protection.
News categories: NXP Semi, Paul Hubmer, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
IC Insights shows big changes in 2013 top 20 semi supplier ranking
Apr 1, 2014 – The top 20 worldwide semiconductor sales leaders for 2013 included nine suppliers headquartered in the U.S., three in Japan, three in Taiwan, three in Europe, and two in South Korea, a relatively broad representation of geographic regions, according to IC Insights.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Verimatrix provides revenue security for Thailand's TrueVision
Mar 24, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that TrueVision has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) architecture to provide revenue security for its premium content service offerings.
News categories: Verimatrix, TrueVision, Nantanee Wongumnitkul, Steve Oetegenn, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Thailand, TV Everywhere
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data