Digital TV News: ONE Media
BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media demo 'Enhanced GPS' with ATSC 3.0
Jun 2, 2021 – BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media have demonstrated new use cases for the ATSC 3.0 standard showing its ability to significantly enhance the accuracy of GPS - a potential new tool for autonomous vehicle navigation.
News categories: BitPath, ONE Media, SK Telecom, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Yoon Kim, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, In-Car, USA
Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
Apr 13, 2021 – Fraunhofer IIS and Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) are joining forces to bring Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) services to users of the ATSC 3.0 digital TV platform. DRM is an ITU-endorsed radio standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Sinclair Broadcast, Alexander Zink, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, USA
Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
Mar 1, 2021 – Saankhya Labs has received FCC certification for its Broadcast Radio Head (BRH). BRH helps DTT broadcasters increase their reach by 'Cellularizing' transmission to enable reception in mobile, automotive, and other portable devices.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, Sinclair Broadcast, Parag Naik, Mark Aitken, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, Terrestrial, USA, Worldwide
OyaWatch TV launched in Nigeria on Red Bee's OTT platform
Feb 9, 2021 – OyaWatch TV is a Nigerian subscription based streaming service that launched on February 5th on Red Bee Media’s OTT platform. It includes a wide variety of content distributed through the Red Bee Channel Store.
News categories: Red Bee Media, OyaWatch, Steve Nylund, Ronaldo Minaise, Apps, Digital TV, Nigeria, Streaming
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 13, 2020 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) have announced Cast.era, a joint venture focused on cloud infrastructure for broadcasting, ultra-low latency over-the-top (OTT) broadcasting, and targeted advertising.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Kevin Gage, Lee Jong-min, Park Kyung-mo, Advertising, ATSC 3, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TV industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – The first U.S. consumer television receivers equipped with NEXTGEN TV capabilities are coming to retail stores later this year, with the announcements at CES 2020 of the biggest names in the industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 takes center stage at CES 2020
Jan 3, 2020 – NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0, will be one of the key technologies highlighted at CES. The first U.S. consumer receivers with integrated NEXTGEN TV are expected to be announced, highlighting the key consumer benefits of the system.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, ATSC 3, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
ITU approves ATSC 3.0 as a recommended DTT standard
Jan 2, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) and ONE Media 3.0 have applauded the International Telecommunication Union's approval of ATSC 3.0 for use by any country in the world. The U.S. Delegation proposed ATSC 3.0 to the ITU in April 2019.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media 3.0, International Telecommunication Union, Christopher Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
MediaKind AV solution enables low latency for ABR delivered live content
Sep 10, 2019 – MediaKind is launching a low latency solution for delivering live content using ABR technology. The solution leverages ‘direct path’ technology between encoder and packager to reduce the time to move content from one media processing function to the next.
News categories: MediaKind, Richard Mansfield, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2021, Streaming, Worldwide
- Insys Video powers new Olympique Lyonnais OTT streaming service
- Kantar appointed for TV audience measurement in Azerbaijan
- Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
- Jamaica's switchover to digital television begins in 2022
- WISI powers multiscreen ABR video service at Cable Bahamas
- InterDigital report details impact of AI/ML on video entertainment
- Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with Velocix
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Greensboro, NC
- Intertrust ExpressPlay added to Vewd Operator TV ecosystem
- rlaxx TV available for iOS and iPadOS
- NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
- Progressive Generation Studios launches PG Kids with OTT from Red Bee
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Charleston, West Virginia
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service