Digital TV News: Optus
Subscription home entertainment soars in Australia
Aug 17, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted home entertainment subscription services in Australia according to Telsyte. Australians added 5.6 million new subscriptions to the end of June 2020, an increase of 18% from a year ago.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
Aug 19, 2019 – Australians have a growing taste for sports and video entertainment content, sending the SVOD services market to new heights, reaching 12.3 million total subscriptions at the end of June 2019, according to research from Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers
Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO make 5G AR call between Singapore and Australia
Feb 22, 2019 – Singtel, Optus and Ericsson have made a 5G video call with Augmented Reality (AR) between Singapore and Australia. Made with OPPO 5G test devices, the call marks the latest 5G highlight for Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO.
News categories: Singtel, Optus, Ericsson, OPPO, Mark Chong, Allen Lew, Martin Wiktorin, Peter Huang, 5G, Australia, Digital TV, Singapore, VR
SVOD feeds Australian's insatiable appetite for streaming content
Jul 30, 2018 – The Australian Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services market continues to grow strongly reaching 9.1 million subscriptions at the end of June 2018, a year-on-year increase of 54 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Optus' Fetch STB now works with Google Assistant
Jan 25, 2018 – Optus has announced that their Fetch set-top box now works with Google Assistant. Using voice activated AI, Fetch customers have the option of hands-free entertainment and can use their voice to search for something to watch, find out what’s on, set recordings, change the channel and more.
News categories: Optus, Ben White, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Streaming Video On Demand a hit in Australia
Aug 8, 2017 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) services delivered over the Internet continue to feed Australians’ appetite for entertainment with subscriptions reaching 3.7 million at the end of June 2017, a year-on-year increase of 30 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Vimond powers PLDT’s platform consolidation project
Jun 27, 2017 – Vimond Media Solutions has announced that PLDT, the largest telecommunications and digital services provider in the Philippines, has selected Vimond to drive the OTT video solution in PLDT’s platform consolidation project.
News categories: Vimond, PLDT, Miguel Silva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Singtel TV subscribers up 1% in 2015
Feb 12, 2016 – Singtel has announced results for its third quarter and nine months ended 31 December 2015. Singtel TV finished the year with 424,000 subscribers, up from 420,000 at the end of 2014.
News categories: Singtel, IPTV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
Netflix now in over 1 in 10 Australian homes
Oct 15, 2015 – The number of Australian homes with a Netflix subscription rose again in September to 968,000 (10.5%), up another 113,000 from 855,000 in August, according to the latest S-VOD data from Roy Morgan Research.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Tim Martin, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia