Digital TV News: Optus
Australia’s SVOD revenue to reach $3.2bn in 2026
Dec 17, 2021 – According to GlobalData, SVOD revenue in Australia is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% from $1.9bn in 2021 to $3.2bn in 2026, driven by growth in subscriptions and unique households, and a steady rise in average monthly revenue per unique household.
News categories: GlobalData, Srikanth Vaidya, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Subscription home entertainment soars in Australia
Aug 17, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted home entertainment subscription services in Australia according to Telsyte. Australians added 5.6 million new subscriptions to the end of June 2020, an increase of 18% from a year ago.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
Aug 19, 2019 – Australians have a growing taste for sports and video entertainment content, sending the SVOD services market to new heights, reaching 12.3 million total subscriptions at the end of June 2019, according to research from Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers
Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO make 5G AR call between Singapore and Australia
Feb 22, 2019 – Singtel, Optus and Ericsson have made a 5G video call with Augmented Reality (AR) between Singapore and Australia. Made with OPPO 5G test devices, the call marks the latest 5G highlight for Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO.
News categories: Singtel, Optus, Ericsson, OPPO, Mark Chong, Allen Lew, Martin Wiktorin, Peter Huang, 5G, Australia, Digital TV, Singapore, VR
SVOD feeds Australian's insatiable appetite for streaming content
Jul 30, 2018 – The Australian Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services market continues to grow strongly reaching 9.1 million subscriptions at the end of June 2018, a year-on-year increase of 54 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Optus' Fetch STB now works with Google Assistant
Jan 25, 2018 – Optus has announced that their Fetch set-top box now works with Google Assistant. Using voice activated AI, Fetch customers have the option of hands-free entertainment and can use their voice to search for something to watch, find out what’s on, set recordings, change the channel and more.
News categories: Optus, Ben White, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Streaming Video On Demand a hit in Australia
Aug 8, 2017 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) services delivered over the Internet continue to feed Australians’ appetite for entertainment with subscriptions reaching 3.7 million at the end of June 2017, a year-on-year increase of 30 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Vimond powers PLDT’s platform consolidation project
Jun 27, 2017 – Vimond Media Solutions has announced that PLDT, the largest telecommunications and digital services provider in the Philippines, has selected Vimond to drive the OTT video solution in PLDT’s platform consolidation project.
News categories: Vimond, PLDT, Miguel Silva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
Singtel TV subscribers up 1% in 2015
Feb 12, 2016 – Singtel has announced results for its third quarter and nine months ended 31 December 2015. Singtel TV finished the year with 424,000 subscribers, up from 420,000 at the end of 2014.
News categories: Singtel, IPTV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers