Digital TV News: Pixelworks
TCL unveils cinematic advances and TV innovation at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – TCL has announced products and innovations at CES 2022 with new big screen models as well as future technologies such as the first dynamic video motion ecosystem, more mini-LED powered TVs and high-performance gaming features.
News categories: TCL, Chris Larson, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
Feb 18, 2020 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) is working with Qualcomm on a 5G-based fixed wireless access CPE platform. The joint reference solution will combine Pixelworks’ OTA streaming XCode® processor with the Qualcomm Snapdragon™ X55 5G Modem-RF System.
News categories: Pixelworks, Qualcomm, Anthony Gioeli, Gautam Sheoran, 5G, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
May 24, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Nuvyyo has selected its MxL69x ATSC receiver for its Tablo DVR product that streams live HDTV and recorded OTA content to any internet-connected TV, streaming media player, gaming system, computer or mobile device.
News categories: MaxLinear, Pixelworks, Nuvyyo, Will Torgerson, Anthony Gioeli, Grant Hall, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.
May 23, 2018 – AirTV has officially launched. The AirTV solution, when connected to an OTA antenna and a home Wi-Fi network, wirelessly streams free local channels to internet-connected TVs and mobile devices, in and out of the home.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
Pixelworks processor drives Hauppauge dual-tuner OTA streamer
Jan 8, 2018 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ:PXLW) has announced the Company’s XCode 5516 processor with advanced transcoding is the fundamental technology behind the OTA streaming in Hauppauge’s recently launched Cordcutter TV.
News categories: Pixelworks, Hauppauge, Anselmo Pilla, Ken Plotkin, ATSC 3, Cable TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Terrestrial, USA
ViXS Systems seeks shareholder approval for acquisition by Pixelworks
Jul 5, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that it intends to seek shareholder approval for a proposed acquisition by Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) of all of ViXS' outstanding common shares pursuant to an arrangement agreement between the companies.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Pixelworks, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS reports first quarter fiscal 2018 results
Jun 7, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has reported results for the period ending April 30, 2017. Revenues for the quarter totaled $4.8 million, down from $7.7 million in the previous quarter, primarily due to the sale of the company's legacy MoCA product line.
News categories: ViXS, Results, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Pixelworks shows cinematic picture quality on mobiles at COMPUTEX
Jun 2, 2014 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) has announced a Mobile Video Display Processor, code-named Iris, that will allow mobile device manufacturers, for the first time, to offer cinematic picture quality on their mobile screens.
News categories: Pixelworks, Bruce Walicek, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Skyworth selects Pixelworks video display processors for Ultra HD 4K TVs
Jan 3, 2014 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) has announced that its PA168 MotionEngine™ video display processor has been selected to power Skyworth’s Ultra HD 4Kx2K Dual Core Android 3D Smart TVs.
News categories: Pixelworks, Skyworth, Graham Loveridge, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire