Digital TV News: Placed
Zattoo launches its first own FAST channel
Mar 7, 2023 – Zattoo has launched its own FAST channel, Netzkino. Zattoo has taken over programming of the Netzkino channel from Plaion Pictures with Zattoo also taking care of marketing of the advertising slots.
News categories: Zattoo, Plaion Pictures, Constanze Gilles, Oliver Knappmann, Hauk Markus, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
Cinemo to showcase in-vehicle infotainment portfolio at MWC 2023
Feb 23, 2023 – At MWC 2023, Cinemo will be showcasing example use cases to demonstrate how its technology is being used in in-vehicle aftermarket infotainment, connected health and fitness devices, and digital signage.
News categories: Cinemo, Tristan Kleiner, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Hisense ranks no. 2 globally for TV shipments in 2022
Feb 22, 2023 – Data from Omdia shows that, for the full year 2022, global shipments of Hisense TVs hit a yearly total of 24.5 million, ranking Hisense no. 2 overall in the market, with a year-on-year growth of 16.1%.
News categories: Hisense, Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Eutelsat decommissions EUTELSAT 5 West A
Jan 19, 2023 – Initially designed for a 15-year lifetime, EUTELSAT 5 West A satellite has retired after 20+ years of operation. Transfer of services to EUTELSAT 5 West B and other Eutelsat satellites, was begun in January 2020.
News categories: Eutelsat, Eva Berneke, James Matthews, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, Satellite
LG introduces TV with Zero Connect wireless technology
Jan 4, 2023 – LG has introduced its 97" LG SIGNATURE OLED M (model M3) TV with Zero Connect technology. Unlike conventional TVs, the M3 comes with a separate Zero Connect box that sends video and audio signals wirelessly to the TV's 97" screen.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Eutelsat HOTBIRD 13G successfully launched
Nov 3, 2022 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its HOTBIRD 13G satellite has been successfully launched into Geostationary Transfer Orbit by SpaceX. HOTBIRD 13G will replace three older satellites at 13°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, Eva Berneke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
BitRouter completes successful trials of ZapperBox M1 ATSC receiver
Oct 19, 2022 – BitRouter has concluded successful beta trials of its ZapperBox M1 ATSC 3.0 and 1.0 receiver, covering NEXTGEN TV markets in the US as well as Jamaica. The company is shipping the latest version of its ATSC3pak software with each ZapperBox.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Jamaica, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Saankhya Labs' SDR chipset powers ATSC designs from ADTH
Oct 19, 2022 – Saankhya Labs (BSE: 540595) (NSE: TEJASNET) has announced that ADTH has launched a series of NEXTGEN ATSC designs, powered by Saankhya's SL3000 SDR-based ATSC 3.0/1.0 demodulator chipset.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, ADTH, Tolka, Vivek Kimbahune, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
HOTBIRD 13F successfully launched
Oct 15, 2022 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its HOTBIRD 13F satellite has been successfully launched into geostationary transfer orbit by SpaceX using a Falcon 9 rocket that lifted off from Cape Canaveral on October 15th.
News categories: Eutelsat, SpaceX, Pascal Homsy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania