Digital TV News: Placed
Equidia moves to cloud delivery with Globecast
Sep 6, 2022 – Globecast has announced that international horse racing channel, Equidia, has chosen its Managed Cloud Network (MCN) service, plus encoding, to increase the choice and flexibility of content available to be aired by affiliates.
News categories: Globecast, PMU, Gregoire Courtois, Laurent Alvarez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
Harmonic adds Google Cloud support to VOS360 SaaS platform
Aug 30, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its VOS®360 SaaS platform is now available on Google Cloud, bringing additional infrastructure options to media and entertainment companies.
News categories: Harmonic, Google Cloud, Shahar Bar, Kip Schauer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
Aug 9, 2022 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has launched its Gracenote ID Distribution System. The platform help program owners and creators manage their content, streamline distribution and ensure their brands are well represented and easily discoverable.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
Jun 22, 2022 – An Ariane 5 launcher has successfully orbited two geostationary satellites, MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24. MEASAT-3d will provide redundancy and additional capacity at 91.5°E. GSAT-24 will provide TV and broadcasting services across India.
News categories: Arianespace, ArianeGroup, Stéphane Israël, André-Hubert Roussel, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
Jun 21, 2022 – Tremor International (AIM/NASDAQ: TRMR) has agreed to make a $25 million investment in VIDAA. Over time, VIDAA will grant exclusivity to the Unruly SSP and Spearad ad server, and the companies have extended their agreement to share VIDAA ACR data.
News categories: Tremor International, VIDAA, Hisense, Ofer Druker, Guy Edri, Dr. Lan Lin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Smart TV, Worldwide
GumGum and Invincible Entertainment announce CTV ad partnership
May 25, 2022 – GumGum has announced a partnership with Invincible Entertainment aimed at delivering ad experiences in the CTV space. The partnership will combine GumGum's In-Video product with Invincible's catalog of CTV inventory.
News categories: GumGum, Invincible Entertainment, Ken Weiner, Thomas Ashley, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Telstra adopts Fetch as TV platform provider
Apr 28, 2022 – Telstra has selected Fetch as its platform for Telstra TV. Telstra will invest around A$50m including provision for onboarding Telstra TV customers onto Fetch, resulting in Telstra acquiring a 51% stake in the company.
News categories: Telstra, Fetch TV, Kim Krogh Andersen, Scott Lorson, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UX
U.S. TV purchasers more motivated by screen size and picture quality
Apr 26, 2022 – According to NPD, over the last two years the average size of installed TVs in the U.S. has increased by three inches to 47.5". Consumers are also replacing TVs faster than before. The average age of a replaced TV is now 6.4 years, down from 6.8 years in 2020.
News categories: NPD, John Buffone, Paul Gagnon, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
CRTC approves Rogers' acquisition of Shaw's broadcasting services
Mar 24, 2022 – The CRTC has approved Rogers' acquisition of Shaw's broadcasting services, subject to a number of conditions and modifications. The acquisition includes 16 cable services in Western Canada and a national satellite TV service.
News categories: CRTC, Rogers, Shaw, Ian Scott, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity