Digital TV News: Playstation
AR/VR panel shipments to reach 119 million units by 2028
May 15, 2023 – According to DSCC, display panel shipments for VR will increase by 17.6% this year, lower than previously forecast. Shipments are now expected to grow from 13.6M units in 2022 to 16M units in 2023.
News categories: DSCC, Guillaume Chansin, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Red Bee Media and Dotscreen power RTBF's revamped AUVIO platform
Mar 6, 2023 – Red Bee Media has signed an agreement with RTBF to power its re-launched Auvio platform through Red Bee Media's managed OTT services. Red Bee Media partnered with Dotscreen to improve the Auvio user experience.
News categories: Red Bee Media, RTBF, Dotscreen, Stéphane Grandvarlet, Cecile Gonfroid, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
AR/VR device market slows due to economic woes
Dec 16, 2022 – CCS Insight expects global unit sales in the augmented and virtual reality device segment to remain just short of 10 million in 2022, growing to 11.4 million in 2023.
News categories: CCS Insight, Marina Koytcheva, Leo Gebbie, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
Nov 17, 2022 – Consumer VR will be worth $6.9bn in 2022, increasing to $20bn in 2027, according to Omdia. In the face of macroeconomic challenges, the market continues to expand, with 12.5 million headsets expected to be sold in 2022.
News categories: Omdia, George Jijiashvili, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Sky's NOW streaming service comes to Android TV
Nov 8, 2022 – Sky has announced that its streaming service NOW has been made available on Google TV devices, including Chromecast with Google TV, and on eight UK smart TV brands as it expands to Android TV OS devices.
News categories: NOW, Marina Storti, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UK
Disney+ and Star+ relaunch on PS5 consoles
Oct 4, 2022 – PlayStation®5 users can now download Disney+ (globally) and Star+ (in Latin America) natively on PS5 consoles. With the relaunch, users can now stream movies, TV shows, originals, and more in 4K HDR video quality.
News categories: Disney+, Star+, Jerrell Jimerson, Digital TV, Gaming, Latin America, Streaming, Worldwide
NexPlayer integrates with Verimatrix Streamkeeper and Watermarking
Sep 9, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced that NexPlayer has integrated its NexPlayer multi-screen player SDK with the Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM platform as well as its accompanying Verimatrix Watermarking tools.
News categories: Verimatrix, NexPlayer, Sebastian Braun, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Watermarking, Worldwide
Conviva releases Q2 2022 State of Streaming report
Sep 9, 2022 – Conviva has released today the results of its quarterly State of Streaming Report, which shows continued growth in the global streaming market, including gains of (14%) in the second quarter of 2022 as compared to Q2 2021.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Tubi expands relationship with Nielsen
Apr 29, 2022 – Tubi has announced that it's working on an expansion of its current integration with Nielsen that will allow for enhanced and comprehensive measurement through Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) product.
News categories: Tubi, Nielsen, Mark Rotblat, Ameneh Atai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126