Digital TV News: RCN
TiVo grows Opera TV Store in U.S. market
Sep 16, 2014 – Opera Software has announced that an increasing number of U.S. cable TV operators are offering apps and video content to their subscriber bases through the Opera TV Store running on TiVo’s whole-home gateway DVR and multi-room client devices.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, USA
Netflix adds 1.69 million members in 2Q 2014
Jul 22, 2014 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its second-quarter 2014 financial results. The U.S. member base grew to more than 36 million. Outside the U.S. the company ended Q2 with 13.8 million members, growing 78% y/y.
News categories: Netflix, Cable TV, Europe, Latin America, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
RCN delivers its most powerful DVR to date
Jun 3, 2014 – RCN has announced that it is making available to customers its most powerful DVR from TiVo. Bundled into RCN’s packages, the TiVo T6 HD DVR delivers cable TV programming and a multitude of Web-based options in one easy-to-use system.
News categories: RCN, TiVo Inc, Thomas Elam, Chris Fenger, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
NimbleTV to add nine more US cities
May 20, 2014 – NimbleTV has announced its latest domestic expansion plans. NimbleTV enables customers with a cable subscription to watch TV from any location, on any device.
News categories: NimbleTV, Anand Subramanian, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
RCN brings Opera TV Store to TiVo set-top boxes
Feb 18, 2014 – The Opera TV Store is set to bring hundreds of entertaining apps to all TiVo set-top boxes for U.S. cable operator RCN. It is the first pay-TV cable operator to launch Opera Software's app platform on its TiVo devices.
News categories: Opera Software, RCN, Jason Nealis, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
Dec 10, 2013 – NimbleTV has announced the beginning of its service rollout. NimbleTV offers two types of packages that allow anyone with an address within the NYC metropolitan region to watch TV on any device via an authenticated cable subscription.
News categories: NimbleTV, Anand Subramanian, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
TiVo adds Opera Software to Roamio
Aug 29, 2013 – Opera (OSEBX:OPERA) and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced a technology integration to enhance the power of web technologies on TiVo devices with the Opera Devices SDK, as well as open up the world of HTML5 TV apps through the Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera Software, TiVo Inc, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Colombia launches DVB-T2 network with Rohde & Schwarz transmitters
May 31, 2012 – Colombia will be the first country in Latin America to go on the air with a DVB-T2 TV network. The network will use transmitters from Rohde & Schwarz. The CNTV regulatory authority decided at the end of last year to switch to the new standard.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Colombia, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server