Digital TV News: RDK
Foxxum partners with CVTE for Foxxum OS 4
Mar 7, 2023 – Foxxum has announced a partnership with CVTE that will see its Foxxum OS 4 integrated with CVTE's TV PCBs. The resulting motherboards will be available to regional OEMs and TV brands.
News categories: Foxxum, CVTE, Ronny Lutzi, Wang Bin, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Wyplay ends 2022 with turnover increase
Feb 16, 2023 – Wyplay has closed its 2022 financial year with a turnover of €11.3 million, up 21% versus 2021. Projects in 2022 included the deployment of an RDK STB at Nuuday and the launch of an Android TV solution at Sky New Zealand.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Foxxum reveals first partners for Foxxum OS 4
Jan 4, 2023 – Foxxum has announced that El Araby, Grupo Kayve, TCL MOKA, Konka and Punktal are the first to integrate its Foxxum OS 4 on their smart TV devices. Foxxum will demonstrate OS 4 at CES 2023 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Foxxum, Ronny Lutzi, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, Uruguay
Sercomm to showcase IP streamers and STBs at CES 2023
Dec 22, 2022 – Sercomm (TWSE: 5388) will showcase its newest innovations and solutions for broadband connectivity, smart home and home entertainment, including IP streamers and set-top boxes at CES 2023.
News categories: Sercomm, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Wyplay provides RDK professional services to Nuuday
Dec 14, 2022 – Wyplay is helping Nuuday to deliver digital TV customer experiences to Danish homes and businesses. Wyplay brings skilled resources into the project, from RDK drivers and middleware to UI.
News categories: Wyplay, Nuuday, Denmark, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
NetRange Smart TV portal and browser for Skyworth RDK STBs
Oct 31, 2022 – NetRange and Skyworth Digital Technology have announced that the NetRange Smart TV Portal for RDK and the NetFront™ Browser BE have been selected to provide content services through Skyworth RDK set-top boxes.
News categories: ACCESS Co, Skyworth Digital Technology, Michi Uematsu, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Irdeto to provide CA and multi-DRM to BCN Digital in India
Oct 13, 2022 – Irdeto has announced that BCN Digital will use Irdeto cybersecurity solutions to secure its content. Irdeto will provide the company with Conditional Access for its IPTV services and multi-DRM for its OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, BCN Digital, Shane McCarthy, Srinivas Raju Rudraraju, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, India, RDK, Set Top Box, Streaming
Jiuzhou and Realtek launch 4K RDK Video Accelerator STB
Sep 28, 2022 – Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric and Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) have announced an RDK4.0-based 4K Linux OTT/IPTV Video Accelerator set-top box. The Realtek RTD1319 chipset-based box can be customized to meet the needs of operators.
News categories: Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric, Realtek, Richard Han, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
Sep 26, 2022 – Realtek and Irdeto have announced a joint development: Realtek's RTD1319D set-top box system-on-chip (SoC) with Irdeto's hybrid DVB middleware for Android TV and RDK.
News categories: Realtek, Irdeto, Yee-Wei Huang, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania