Digital TV News: RDK
Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126
Sep 15, 2023 – Sercomm (TWSE: 5388) has announced the availability of Stiletto, the company's latest turnkey STB solution for RDK, the first RDK Video Accelerator solution based on Broadcom's BCM72126.
News categories: Sercomm, Broadcom, Amir Mobini, Lewis Brewster, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sagemcom unveils RDK-powered Video Soundbox at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – The newest version of Sagemcom's Video Soundbox audio/video entertainment hub is powered by RDK software. Sagemcom intends to use the RDK throughout its portfolio of broadband CPE devices.
News categories: Sagemcom, Olivier Taravel, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RDK6 adds enhancements for IP and hybrid QAM/DVB set-tops
Sep 13, 2023 – Ahead of the 2023 RDK Summit in Amsterdam, RDK Management has announced RDK6 – the newest open-source software bundle designed to power video customer-premise equipment (CPE) for pay TV operators.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Gavin Sheldon, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Virgin Media unveils FAST channels powered by Amagi and 24i
Aug 23, 2023 – Amagi, in collaboration with 24i, has announced that Virgin Media has used its integrated solution to launch and monetize a new line-up of themed FAST channels on Virgin TV.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, Virgin Media, Srinivasan KA, Donald McGarva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
DTVKit introduces ORB HbbTV 2.0.3 solution
Aug 14, 2023 – DTVKit, in partnership with Ocean Blue Software, is now offering a version of the ORB HbbTV 2.0.3 solution integrated with DTVKit DVBCore and DSMCC, with versions for both RDK and Android.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, ORB, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
3SS integrates new YouTube Recommendation API
Aug 11, 2023 – 3SS has added YouTube as a content partner integrating the YouTube Recommendation API into its video entertainment platform. Allente will be the first customer to bring the integration to market.
News categories: 3SS, Pierre Donath, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
Jun 5, 2023 – Wyplay has announced the acquisition of iFeelSmart. Wyplay and iFeelSmart have participated in the same video ecosystem for many years and their service offerings are fully complementary.
News categories: Wyplay, iFeelSmart, Jacques Bourgninaud, Shy Shriqui, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Vodafone Deutschland deploys Synamedia analytics on its GigaTV service
May 2, 2023 – Vodafone Deutschland has gone live with Synamedia's Clarissa analytics solution to help evaluate advertising performance and reveal actionable insights into viewing behaviour on its GigaTV service.
News categories: Synamedia, Vodafone, Amruta Shankar, Lucy Norris, Wolfgang Zeller, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany
Foxxum partners with CVTE for Foxxum OS 4
Mar 7, 2023 – Foxxum has announced a partnership with CVTE that will see its Foxxum OS 4 integrated with CVTE's TV PCBs. The resulting motherboards will be available to regional OEMs and TV brands.
News categories: Foxxum, CVTE, Ronny Lutzi, Wang Bin, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC