Digital TV News: RGB Networks
Shift to generic hardware and virtualization pressuring video equipment prices
Jan 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics (NYSE: IHS), the cost of encoding and transcoding platforms continues to come down, pressuring video and broadcast equipment revenue as pay-TV providers move to generic hardware and network functions virtualization.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
RGB Networks strikes partnership with Conax
Sep 9, 2013 – RGB Networks has announced a partnership with Conax. The joint offering integrates Conditional Access Systems (CAS) and Digital Rights Management (DRM) from Conax within RGB's adaptive streaming TransAct Packager.
News categories: RGB Networks, Conax, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, DRM, IBC, Streaming
Verimatrix and Divitel Partner to Extend Reach of Ziggo TV App
Sep 7, 2012 – Verimatrix and Divitel have announced that they have successfully collaborated on the expansion of Ziggo's Ziggo TV app. Ziggo is the largest cable operator in The Netherlands, providing services to more than three million cable subscribers.
News categories: Verimatrix, Divitel, Ziggo, Apps, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Mobile, Netherlands
Industry Players Unite to Promote MPEG-DASH Adaptive Streaming
Feb 22, 2012 – A group of technology leaders has announced the creation of the DASH Promoters Group, a new organization dedicated to driving the broad adoption of MPEG's DASH (dynamic adaptive streaming over HTTP) standard, which was ratified in November 2011.
News categories: DASH Promoters Group, Streaming
Waoo! Selects RGB Networks' Video Multiprocessing Gateway and TransAct Packager for Delivery of Over-the-Top Video Service
Aug 30, 2011 – RGB Networks has announced that Waoo!, a Danish broadband provider, has selected and deployed RGB's Video Multiprocessing Gateway (VMG™) and TransAct Packager to provide a complete transcoding and packaging solution for its new OTT video service.
News categories: RGB Networks, Waoo!, Content Distribution, Denmark, IPTV, Streaming
Cable broadband equipment market down in 3Q10 after 12 months of strong growth
Nov 18, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released its third quarter (3Q10) CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report, which tracks cable modem termination systems (CMTS), edge quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) channels, and cable broadband subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers
RGB Networks To Demonstrate Video Processing Platform at IPTV World Forum
Mar 19, 2010 – RGB Networks has announced that it will be demonstrating its Video Multiprocessing Gateway (VMG), a carrier-class, multi-function, ultra-dense chassis for the delivery of advanced MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264 video services, at IPTV World Forum.
News categories: RGB Networks, Content Distribution, IPTV, Video Exchange
CableLab® Announces Next in Series of Interactive and Advanced Advertising Specifications
Jul 1, 2009 – CableLabs® has announced the issuance of a new set of specifications called the Stewardship and Fulfillment Interfaces (SaFI), created to further the development of cable advertising and other interactive products.
News categories: CableLabs, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, USA
RGB Networks Shows Telcos How to Maximize Advertising Opportunities at TelcoTV
Oct 19, 2007 – RGB Networks will demonstrate how telecommunications carriers can maximize their advertising opportunities to generate new revenues from their IPTV deployments at next week's TelcoTV Conference & Expo in Atlanta.
News categories: RGB Networks, Advertising, Content Distribution, IPTV
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks