Digital TV News: RTL Deutschland
RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
Aug 1, 2022 – RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment Group are to set up a technology joint venture. The aim is to establish existing technologies for Addressable TV based on open standards, such as HbbTV, on the European market.
News categories: RTL Deutschland, Seven.One Entertainment, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV
Pay TV and paid video content continue to grow in Germany
Jul 20, 2022 – The market for pay TV and paid video content is continuing to grow not just in Germany, but also in Austria and Switzerland. This is confirmed by a report published by VAUNET, the German Media Association.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Hannes Heyelmann, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Switzerland
RTL Group creates international advertising sales unit
Feb 17, 2022 – RTL Group is to combine its RTL AdConnect, G+J iMS businesses and the media division of Smartclip to create an international advertising sales champion. The unit will cooperate with RTL's Yospace and Smartclip for ad-tech services.
News categories: RTL Group, Thomas Rabe, Stéphane Coruble, Daniel Bischoff, Advertising, Europe, MandA
RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
Oct 21, 2021 – RTL Group and Amobee will establish a jointly owned sales and services company called TechAlliance, which will combine the ad-tech services of Amobee, Smartclip and Yospace in continental Europe.
News categories: RTL Group, Amobee, Yospace, Thomas Rabe, Nick Brien, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
Deutsche Telekom and RTL to expand addressable TV cooperation
Nov 17, 2020 – Deutsche Telekom and RTL have announced that RTL's streaming service, TV Now Premium, will be integrated with Deutsche Telekom’s Magenta TV, and the pair have also agreed to increase cooperation on advertising with a special focus on addressable TV.
News categories: Mediengruppe RTL, Deutsche Telekom, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Streaming
ProSiebenSat.1 and RTL Deutschland establish addressable TV JV
Jun 5, 2019 – Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland and ProSiebenSat.1 have entered into a partnership that will enable advertisers to target relevant audiences, in the area of addressable TV and online video, across their complete portfolios with just a few clicks.
News categories: ProSiebenSat.1, RTL Deutschland, Matthias Dang, Thomas Wagner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Germany
Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland implements first HbbTV 2.0 event in linear TV for Ferrero
Aug 25, 2017 – Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland has successfully implemented the first HbbTV 2.0 event in linear TV for its customer Ferrero. To achieve this, the media company brought the necessary technological and the marketing expertise together under one roof.
News categories: smartclip, Vizeum, Ferrero, IP Deutschland, RTL Deutschland, Thorsten Schütte-Gravelaar, Sandra Fostini, Eddy Perner, Paul Mudter, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV
WDR to begin DVB-T2/HEVC trials in Cologne-Bonn
Oct 14, 2014 – German public broadcaster WDR has announced that, with Media Broadcast, it is planning to begin test broadcasting in DVB-T2 with HEVC video coding in the Cologne-Bonn area.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 pilot project launched in Berlin
Oct 6, 2014 – MEDIA BROADCAST has launched a pilot project in Berlin to test the new DVB-T2 standard. All leading TV broadcasters, relevant industry associations and many companies in the CE industry are involved as project partners.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Ulf Heggenberger, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia