Digital TV News: Ready TV
LG Electronics Selects AMIMON for Its Wireless HDTV Product Line
Jan 6, 2010 – AMIMON has announced that the new wireless-ready high-definition televisions and wireless HDTV accessories launched by LG Electronics are based on AMIMON's wireless 1080p solution.
News categories: AMIMON, LG Electronics, CES2023, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Pace Unveils DVB-T2 Freeview HD Box at IBC 09
Sep 11, 2009 – At this year's IBC, Pace (LSE:PIC) will unveil its set-top box based on the DVB-T2 transmission standard. The box, expected to be one of the first to market for Freeview HD, will be available through retail distribution in the UK.
News categories: Pace plc, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
CANAL READY certification obtained by SmarDTV's latest CI Plus module
Sep 10, 2009 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced the availability of a new Conditional Access Module (CAM) for France. The SmarCAM-3 CANAL READY module enables CANAL+ Group's DTT offer to be viewed without a set-top and comes bundled with a CANAL+ smart card.
News categories: SmarDTV, CANAL+, CI Plus, Conditional Access, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Sky to launch 3D TV in 2010 following record Sky+HD growth
Jul 30, 2009 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that the number of customers choosing Sky+HD has increased to 1.313 million following record growth. In the next step in the Sky+HD journey, Sky has announced that it will launch the UK's first 3D channel next year.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Metaverse, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
E-Vision brings High Definition and PVR services to the UAE
Jul 7, 2009 – E-Vision has announced the commercial launch of High Definition (HD) programming for UAE viewers. With this, E-Vision has become the first Pay TV provider in the Middle East to launch a commercial HD service.
News categories: E-Vision, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, UAE
UK - Freeview set for HD channels
Oct 17, 2008 – Ofcom has decided to reserve a Freeview slot for ITV and another slot for Channel 4 with S4C to broadcast HD programmes, joining the BBC in being able to broadcast HD services on Freeview, starting with the UK's Granada region from late 2009.
News categories: Ofcom, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Regulation, Terrestrial, UK
UK - Freesat Reaches 100,000 Sales Within Five Months Of Launching
Sep 29, 2008 – Freesat has reached 100,000 sales within just five months of launching on 6 May 2008, having maintained strong, steady growth throughout what has been a tough summer for high street retailers.
News categories: Freesat, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
RFMD® Releases High-Performance Out-of-Band Tuner for Cable Set-Top Box and Digital Cable Ready TV Applications
Jun 26, 2008 – RF Micro Devices (Nasdaq: RFMD) has announced the release of the S510075-33Z out-of-band tuner for use in cable set-top box and digital cable ready television applications.
News categories: RF Micro Devices, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CES 2007 Vendors Spotlight Wireless HDTV Televisions Powered by Sigma Designs
Jan 8, 2007 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that several high definition televisions being demonstrated at this week's Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2007) are powered by Sigma media processors.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Hewlett-Packard, Pioneer, Sampo, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Semiconductor
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV