Digital TV News: Roku
RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
Aug 4, 2020 – Entercom, home of RADIO.COM, has announced a partnership with Vewd to expand its smart TV footprint. With Vewd, tens of millions of smart TVs, including Sony, Philips and Hisense, will gain access to RADIO.COM.
News categories: Entercom, Vewd, David Rosenbloom, Michael Winneker, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
Jul 29, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it now delivers 30+ live and linear channels to The Roku Channel, with Amagi delivering brands such as beIN, Buzzr, Cinedigm, Condé Nast, MGM, PeopleTV, Tastemade, TYT Network, and Yahoo Finance, among others.
News categories: Amagi, Roku, Srinivasan KA, Ashley Hovey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
COVID-19: Flat-panel TVs down; Streaming media adapters up
Jul 22, 2020 – According to ABI Research, uncertain 2020 economic conditions caused by COVID-19 is negatively affecting the global flat-panel TV market but has caused a surge in streaming media adapter shipments.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Kantar launches industry-wide ad effectiveness measurement platform
Jul 22, 2020 – Kantar has announced Project Moonshot, an industry initiative to assess the impact of advertising. Also being announced are cookie-less measurement partnerships including Dish, Pinterest, Roku, Snap, Spotify and Twitter.
News categories: Kantar, Jane Ostler, Gaurav Shirole, Itamar Benedy, Nick Lawson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Roku survey finds nearly 1 in 3 U.S. TV households are cordless
Jul 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced findings from its annual Cord Cutting study, including new insights shared by U.S. consumers about how the COVID-19 pandemic is influencing the shift to streaming.
News categories: Roku, Matthew Anderson, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Roku selects Accedo as a Preferred Developer for Latin America
Jul 14, 2020 – Accedo has been named a preferred developer in Latin America as part of Roku's Preferred Developer Program. The program is designed to help regional publishers more easily find channel developers.
News categories: Accedo, Roku, Paloma Santucci, Yulia Poltorak, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT, UX
Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
Jul 2, 2020 – According to Dataxis, within a saturating AVOD market, only a few players are standing out in terms of monthly active users: Vudu, Pluto TV, Tubi, and older players such as Hulu, Roku Channel and YouTube.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, OTT, USA
TheViewPoint releases ad SDK for Roku publishers
Jul 1, 2020 – TheViewPoint has announced the launch of its SDK for Roku publishers, a dynamic library-based tool for CTV inventory management. The SDK allows publishers to control each ad pod on Roku.
News categories: TheViewPoint, Daniel Elad, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
Jun 29, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it has enabled LA-based digital media network Brat TV to distribute its content to leading streaming TV platforms – including The Roku Channel, Samsung TV Plus, and VIZIO.
News categories: Amagi, Brat TV, Srinivasan KA, Rob Fishman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV