Digital TV News: SDMC
SDMC and AirConsole offer casual gaming solution for operators
Nov 9, 2022 – SDMC Technology has announced a partnership with AirConsole. AirConsole enables users of SDMC's devices to play casual multiplayer games on their TV boxes, using their smartphones as a controller.
News categories: SDMC, AirConsole, David Li, Anthony Cliquot, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SDMC and iWedia collaborate on 4K Android TV hybrid STB
Nov 9, 2022 – SDMC and iWedia have announced that they have collaborated on the development of a 4K Android TV hybrid set-top box from SDMC that integrates Google's Common Broadcast Stack with a Live TV app developed by iWedia.
News categories: iWedia, SDMC, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Ryan Yan, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
SDMC, NAGRA and Amlogic launch ultra-secure Android TV solution
Nov 9, 2022 – SDMC, together with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Amlogic, has announced that they have jointly launched an ultra-secure Android TV Solution leveraging NAGRA content protection technology for pay-TV operators.
News categories: SDMC, NAGRA, Amlogic, Ryan Yan, Sebastian Kramer, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
castLabs partners with SDMC on Widevine CAS integration
Nov 7, 2022 – castLabs has announced a collaboration with SDMC to simplify operator deployments of Widevine CAS protected content streaming with lower integration cost and turnaround time than today's practices.
News categories: castLabs, SDMC, Michael Stattmann, Ryan Yan, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SDMC and Amlogic integrate Google Common Broadcast Stack on Android TV
Sep 8, 2022 – SDMC and Amlogic have announced that they've completed the integration of Google Common Broadcast Stack (CBS) on set-top boxes powered by Android TV for cable operators, telcos and satellite TV service providers.
News categories: SDMC, Amlogic, David Li, James Xie, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
May 6, 2021 – TCC has gone live with a hybrid TV platform based on the Android TV OS Operator Tier. The service is enabled by SDMC's DV8545-C STB and powered by the 3READY Product Framework, 3SS’ front end and UI solution.
News categories: 3SS, SDMC, TCC, ZetaTV, Kai-Christian Borchers, Laurence Yan, Javier Ruete, Android TV, Argentina, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Uruguay, UX
Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
Nov 18, 2020 – Minerva Networks and SDMC have announced that they have completed the integration of an Android TV-based solution for pay-TV operators. Recent deployments include E-Networks of Guyana, Comteco in Bolivia, and Dhiraagu in the Maldives.
News categories: Minerva Networks, SDMC, Randy Osborne, Laurence Yan, Android TV, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Guyana, Set Top Box, The Maldives
Tencent Cloud and SDMC launch cloud-based SaaS video streaming services
Apr 29, 2020 – Tencent Cloud has signed an MOU with SDMC. Leveraging Tencent Cloud's technology and SDMC's experience in OTT, the parties will offer SDMC XMediaTV Cloud, a cloud-based SaaS video streaming solution for OTT operators around the globe.
News categories: Tencent Cloud, SDMC, Poshu Yeung, David Li, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
Nov 11, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), together with SDMC and Amlogic, has announced that they will collaborate on an Android TV-based solution for pay-TV operators offered as part of the NAGRA Android Fast Track program.
News categories: NAGRA, SDMC, Amlogic, Maurice Van Riek, David Li, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set