Digital TV News: SMIT Corp
Irdeto, MStar, SMIT, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs support CI Plus 2.0 USB form factor
Sep 14, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor and SMIT Holdings to offer a CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM with Irdeto Cloaked CA to operators globally. TV manufacturer TP Vision and DVB-CI test tool and software provider, Rabbit Labs are also supporting the partnership.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Rabbit Labs, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Aaron Li, Elie Bonte, Gilles Gautier, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMiT and Verimatrix present IPTV solution based on CI+ 1.4 at IBC 2014
Sep 13, 2014 – SMiT and Verimatrix has announced a joint demonstration at IBC 2014. The demonstration is based on the new features of CI+1.4 standard, with IP delivery and multi-streams features being leveraged to extend the IP stream routing.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Verimatrix, Yanrong Li, Petr Peterka, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMiT develops Dynamic Sentinel Cardless CAM with Viaccess-Orca
Sep 2, 2014 – SMiT has partnered with Viaccess-Orca (VO) to launch a CAM fully integrated with VO's Dynamic Sentinel Cardless solution. SMiT is the first CAM provider to achieve VO certification for Dynamic Sentinel Cardless.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Viaccess-Orca, François Moreau de Saint Martin, Hongyu Shuai, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca announces new ecosystem partners for cardless CA system
Aug 20, 2014 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that the company’s Dynamic Sentinel cardless conditional access system (CAS) will be embedded in set-top boxes from Askey Computer and ASTON, as well as conditional access modules from SMiT.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Askey Computer, ASTON, SMiT Corp, Eric Lui, Stephane Nitenberg, Hongyu Shuai, François Moreau de Saint Martin, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SMiT achieves Verimatrix advanced CI+ security certification
Jun 17, 2014 – SMiT has announcedthat it has achieved Verimatrix certification for its avanced cardless CI+ CAM. SMiT is the first CAM manufacturer to achieve the advanced security level of Verimatrix.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Verimatrix, CAM, Digital TV, Russia, Smart TV
Samsung & SMIT launch IDTV+CAM with AVG in Vietnam
May 21, 2014 – An Vien Television (AVG), SMIT and Samsung have announced that they are cooperating to provide an IDTV+CAM solution for Vietnam. The solution consists of Samsung's IDTVs, AVG's HDTV programming and SMiT's CAM.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Samsung, An Vien, Tran Cong So, Brenda Bai, CAM, Smart TV, Vietnam
SMiT, iQIYI and TCL launch DVB+OTT 'Merged Television System'
Mar 18, 2014 – SMiT has announced the joint launch of a 'merged television system' with IQiYi and TCL that integrates internet videos and an interactive watching experience with live high-definition cable programs.
News categories: SMiT Corp, iQIYI, TCL, Hongyu Shuai, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
SMiT develops CAM for BoomTV services in Macedonia
Jan 15, 2014 – SMiT Corporation (SMiT) is working with BoomTV, a brand name of ONE Telecommunication Skopje, a part of Telekom Slovenije Group, to release a Viaccess CAM for subscribers in Macedonia.
News categories: SMiT Corp, BoomTV, Saso Srbakov, Bingyu Xiang, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Macedonia, Terrestrial
SMiT launches Irdeto CI+ 1.3 CAM for My-HD
Jan 9, 2014 – SMiT has announced the successful launch of the Irdeto CI + 1.3 Unified Client CAM to the MENA market, only on My-HD. The Unified Client CAM has been integrated with both Cloaked CA and Softcell.
News categories: SMiT Corp, My-HD, Irdeto, Cliff Nelson, Hongyu Shuai, CAM, Middle-East, Satellite
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK