Digital TV News: Salto
Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
Oct 22, 2020 – Bedrock, the joint venture formed by Groupe M6 and RTL Group, has announced that its technology is powering Salto, the streaming platform created by Groupe TF1, France Télévisions and Groupe M6.
News categories: Bedrock, Salto, Jonas Engwall, Thomas Follin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT
Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
Aug 5, 2020 – France’s video entertainment market is expected to gain long-term benefits from the COVID-19 pandemic, with an anticipated uplift in sector revenues which is marginally higher than previous market forecasts, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, COVID-19, Digital TV, France, Market Research
RTL to invest in Groupe M6's Bedrock streaming platform
Mar 13, 2020 – Groupe M6 (Paris:MMT) has been developing in-house expertise around its online television services. With the aim of continuing its development, Groupe M6 is opening up Bedrock’s capital, enabling RTL Group to acquire a 50% stake.
News categories: Groupe M6, RTL Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, OTT
Streamhub launches cross-broadcaster video data platform in Japan
Aug 5, 2019 – Streamhub has launched 'catch-an', a data management platform for online video in Japan. In partnership with Video Research, this is the first time that rival broadcasters have worked together to pool their online video inventory to create propositions to report, plan and target campaigns at scale.
News categories: Streamhub, Video Research Ltd, Akihiro Tsuchiya, Yoshihide Ikeda, Advertising, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
France Télévisions optimizes its catch-up TV service with Arkena
Apr 29, 2015 – France Télévisions has selected the technology platform of Arkena to optimize francetv pluzz, its OTT catch-up TV offering for connected devices. The service has been launched on several set-top boxes, on the Internet and for other connected screens.
News categories: Arkena, France Télévisions, Gregory Samson, Stéphane Van Bosterhaudt,, Content Distribution, France, Mobile, OTT
Colombia's ETB to launch IPTV this month
Mar 7, 2014 – According to El Tiempo, Colombia's Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá (ETB) has said that the company is at last ready to launch its interactive TV service. The offering is expected to be made available in Bogotá by the end of March.
News categories: Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021