Digital TV News: Salto
Details of HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 announced
Sep 29, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has announced that the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 will take place as an in-person event on November 24-25 at the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris in France.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Salto, Vincent Grivet, Thomas Follin, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
Oct 22, 2020 – Bedrock, the joint venture formed by Groupe M6 and RTL Group, has announced that its technology is powering Salto, the streaming platform created by Groupe TF1, France Télévisions and Groupe M6.
News categories: Bedrock, Salto, Jonas Engwall, Thomas Follin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
Aug 5, 2020 – France’s video entertainment market is expected to gain long-term benefits from the COVID-19 pandemic, with an anticipated uplift in sector revenues which is marginally higher than previous market forecasts, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, COVID-19, Digital TV, France, Market Research
RTL to invest in Groupe M6's Bedrock streaming platform
Mar 13, 2020 – Groupe M6 (Paris:MMT) has been developing in-house expertise around its online television services. With the aim of continuing its development, Groupe M6 is opening up Bedrock’s capital, enabling RTL Group to acquire a 50% stake.
News categories: Groupe M6, RTL Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, Streaming
Streamhub launches cross-broadcaster video data platform in Japan
Aug 5, 2019 – Streamhub has launched 'catch-an', a data management platform for online video in Japan. In partnership with Video Research, this is the first time that rival broadcasters have worked together to pool their online video inventory to create propositions to report, plan and target campaigns at scale.
News categories: Streamhub, Video Research Ltd, Akihiro Tsuchiya, Yoshihide Ikeda, Advertising, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
France Télévisions optimizes its catch-up TV service with Arkena
Apr 29, 2015 – France Télévisions has selected the technology platform of Arkena to optimize francetv pluzz, its OTT catch-up TV offering for connected devices. The service has been launched on several set-top boxes, on the Internet and for other connected screens.
News categories: Arkena, France Télévisions, Gregory Samson, Stéphane Van Bosterhaudt,, Content Distribution, France, Mobile, Streaming
Colombia's ETB to launch IPTV this month
Mar 7, 2014 – According to El Tiempo, Colombia's Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá (ETB) has said that the company is at last ready to launch its interactive TV service. The offering is expected to be made available in Bogotá by the end of March.
News categories: Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022