Digital TV News: Salto
Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
Oct 22, 2020 – Bedrock, the joint venture formed by Groupe M6 and RTL Group, has announced that its technology is powering Salto, the streaming platform created by Groupe TF1, France Télévisions and Groupe M6.
News categories: Bedrock, Salto, Jonas Engwall, Thomas Follin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT
Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
Aug 5, 2020 – France’s video entertainment market is expected to gain long-term benefits from the COVID-19 pandemic, with an anticipated uplift in sector revenues which is marginally higher than previous market forecasts, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, COVID-19, Digital TV, France, Market Research
RTL to invest in Groupe M6's Bedrock streaming platform
Mar 13, 2020 – Groupe M6 (Paris:MMT) has been developing in-house expertise around its online television services. With the aim of continuing its development, Groupe M6 is opening up Bedrock’s capital, enabling RTL Group to acquire a 50% stake.
News categories: Groupe M6, RTL Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, OTT
Streamhub launches cross-broadcaster video data platform in Japan
Aug 5, 2019 – Streamhub has launched 'catch-an', a data management platform for online video in Japan. In partnership with Video Research, this is the first time that rival broadcasters have worked together to pool their online video inventory to create propositions to report, plan and target campaigns at scale.
News categories: Streamhub, Video Research Ltd, Akihiro Tsuchiya, Yoshihide Ikeda, Advertising, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
France Télévisions optimizes its catch-up TV service with Arkena
Apr 29, 2015 – France Télévisions has selected the technology platform of Arkena to optimize francetv pluzz, its OTT catch-up TV offering for connected devices. The service has been launched on several set-top boxes, on the Internet and for other connected screens.
News categories: Arkena, France Télévisions, Gregory Samson, Stéphane Van Bosterhaudt,, Content Distribution, France, Mobile, OTT
Colombia's ETB to launch IPTV this month
Mar 7, 2014 – According to El Tiempo, Colombia's Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá (ETB) has said that the company is at last ready to launch its interactive TV service. The offering is expected to be made available in Bogotá by the end of March.
News categories: Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership