Digital TV News: Salto
Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
Oct 22, 2020 – Bedrock, the joint venture formed by Groupe M6 and RTL Group, has announced that its technology is powering Salto, the streaming platform created by Groupe TF1, France Télévisions and Groupe M6.
News categories: Bedrock, Salto, Jonas Engwall, Thomas Follin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT
Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
Aug 5, 2020 – France’s video entertainment market is expected to gain long-term benefits from the COVID-19 pandemic, with an anticipated uplift in sector revenues which is marginally higher than previous market forecasts, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, COVID-19, Digital TV, France, Market Research
RTL to invest in Groupe M6's Bedrock streaming platform
Mar 13, 2020 – Groupe M6 (Paris:MMT) has been developing in-house expertise around its online television services. With the aim of continuing its development, Groupe M6 is opening up Bedrock’s capital, enabling RTL Group to acquire a 50% stake.
News categories: Groupe M6, RTL Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, OTT
Streamhub launches cross-broadcaster video data platform in Japan
Aug 5, 2019 – Streamhub has launched 'catch-an', a data management platform for online video in Japan. In partnership with Video Research, this is the first time that rival broadcasters have worked together to pool their online video inventory to create propositions to report, plan and target campaigns at scale.
News categories: Streamhub, Video Research Ltd, Akihiro Tsuchiya, Yoshihide Ikeda, Advertising, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
France Télévisions optimizes its catch-up TV service with Arkena
Apr 29, 2015 – France Télévisions has selected the technology platform of Arkena to optimize francetv pluzz, its OTT catch-up TV offering for connected devices. The service has been launched on several set-top boxes, on the Internet and for other connected screens.
News categories: Arkena, France Télévisions, Gregory Samson, Stéphane Van Bosterhaudt,, Content Distribution, France, Mobile, OTT
Colombia's ETB to launch IPTV this month
Mar 7, 2014 – According to El Tiempo, Colombia's Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá (ETB) has said that the company is at last ready to launch its interactive TV service. The offering is expected to be made available in Bogotá by the end of March.
News categories: Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering