Digital TV News: Salto
Details of HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 announced
Sep 29, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has announced that the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2021 will take place as an in-person event on November 24-25 at the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris in France.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Salto, Vincent Grivet, Thomas Follin, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
Oct 22, 2020 – Bedrock, the joint venture formed by Groupe M6 and RTL Group, has announced that its technology is powering Salto, the streaming platform created by Groupe TF1, France Télévisions and Groupe M6.
News categories: Bedrock, Salto, Jonas Engwall, Thomas Follin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
Aug 5, 2020 – France’s video entertainment market is expected to gain long-term benefits from the COVID-19 pandemic, with an anticipated uplift in sector revenues which is marginally higher than previous market forecasts, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, COVID-19, Digital TV, France, Market Research
RTL to invest in Groupe M6's Bedrock streaming platform
Mar 13, 2020 – Groupe M6 (Paris:MMT) has been developing in-house expertise around its online television services. With the aim of continuing its development, Groupe M6 is opening up Bedrock’s capital, enabling RTL Group to acquire a 50% stake.
News categories: Groupe M6, RTL Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, Streaming
Streamhub launches cross-broadcaster video data platform in Japan
Aug 5, 2019 – Streamhub has launched 'catch-an', a data management platform for online video in Japan. In partnership with Video Research, this is the first time that rival broadcasters have worked together to pool their online video inventory to create propositions to report, plan and target campaigns at scale.
News categories: Streamhub, Video Research Ltd, Akihiro Tsuchiya, Yoshihide Ikeda, Advertising, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
France Télévisions optimizes its catch-up TV service with Arkena
Apr 29, 2015 – France Télévisions has selected the technology platform of Arkena to optimize francetv pluzz, its OTT catch-up TV offering for connected devices. The service has been launched on several set-top boxes, on the Internet and for other connected screens.
News categories: Arkena, France Télévisions, Gregory Samson, Stéphane Van Bosterhaudt,, Content Distribution, France, Mobile, Streaming
Colombia's ETB to launch IPTV this month
Mar 7, 2014 – According to El Tiempo, Colombia's Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá (ETB) has said that the company is at last ready to launch its interactive TV service. The offering is expected to be made available in Bogotá by the end of March.
News categories: Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus