Digital TV News: SiTune
SiTune introduces TV tuner for mobile ATSC 3.0 and 5G Broadcast
Dec 11, 2019 – SiTune has announced the release of an ultra-low power mobile TV tuner. The tuner, targeted at mobile handhelds including smartphones, tablets, and USB dongles, enables viewing of terrestrial digital TV content via a low power RF solution.
News categories: SiTune, Marzieh Veyseh, 5G, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
Oct 17, 2019 – SiTune has announced that its ISDB-S3 silicon tuner has contributed to the market success of Sumitomo's Cable STB for 4K/8K satellite broadcasting. The STB has been available since March and has been distributed to several CATV operators.
News categories: SiTune, Sumitomo, Marzieh Veyseh, Hiroaki Nishimoto, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor
SiTune ships two millionth 8K TV silicon tuner
Sep 9, 2019 – SiTune has announced that it has shipped more than 2 million of its STN6528 dual concurrent ISDB-S3 Satellite and Terrestrial/Cable tuner used in 8K TVs. The tuners have been used in 8K Time Shift TVs and Blue Ray Recorders.
News categories: SiTune, Ben Runyan, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SiTune samples first tuner supporting Japan's 8K TV satellite standard
Nov 14, 2017 – SiTune has announced the availability of STN6528 production samples for its customers. The STN6528 is the industry's first tuner to support the Advanced Wide Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting Standard ISDB-S3 needed to broadcast 8K Super Hi-VISION digital TV via satellite.
News categories: SiTune, Socionext, Ben Runyan, Kenichi Katada, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SiTune creates first tuner supporting Japan's 8K TV satellite standard
Jan 8, 2016 – SiTune has announced the STN6528, the first tuner capable of supporting the new Advanced Wide Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting Standard (ARIB STD-B44) for broadcasting 8K digital television (TV) via satellite.
News categories: SiTune, Ben Runyan, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart TV
SiTune licenses TV tuner to major STB and TV chip supplier
Jun 3, 2013 – SiTune has announced that it has signed a licensing agreement with one of the major TV media processor companies in the U.S. Under the agreement, the partner is able to integrate SiTune's TV tuner for terrestrial, satellite and cable applications into its future products.
News categories: SiTune, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
SiTune Launches Low Power Satellite CMOS TV Tuner
Sep 13, 2011 – SiTune has announced its latest low power and low cost Zero IF Tuner for satellite receivers. STN-35T5000 is a highly integrated 900MHz-2.150GHz tuner with a small footprint, for DVB-S/S2 and ABS-S reception.
News categories: SiTune, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor
SiTune Unveils Low Power Single-Die Dual/Diversity Terrestrial/Cable/Analog CMOS TV Tuner
Aug 22, 2011 – SiTune has announced a low power, low cost Dual TV Tuner for terrestrial and cable applications. The STN55T4800 is a low power hybrid tuner that is sampling now with several design-wins among manufacturers of TVs and set-top boxes
News categories: SiTune, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SiTune facilitates multi-standard Set Top Box and TV applications with Universal CMOS RF Tuner
Dec 6, 2010 – SiTune has announced its latest generation of Universal CMOS TV tuners based upon its P2TUNE architecture. The STN-50T4000 is a highly integrated Zero-IF Tuner that supports both cable and digital terrestrial TV standards.
News categories: SiTune, Cable TV, CES2021, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-T2, ICs, ISDB-T, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet