Digital TV News: Simply.TV
Simply.TV acquires metadata and EPG specialist GVIDI
Aug 22, 2022 – Simply.TV has announced the acquisition of metadata specialist GVIDI, adding talent, strong leadership and around 25 customers. The acquisition is Simply.TV's first and underpins the ambitions of the company.
News categories: Simply.TV, GVIDI, Daniel Rühmann, Tijn Smithuis, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UX, Worldwide
Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
Nov 22, 2021 – Vestel and Simply.TV has entered into a multi-year EPG agreement for all Vestel-produced smart TVs. Simply.TV has migrated Vestel's EPG operations for more than 50 territories with interfaces now powered by rich and consistent metadata.
News categories: Simply.TV, Vestel, Daniel Rühmann, Barış Altınkaya, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
Sep 14, 2021 – Whip Media, an enterprise software platform and data provider for entertainment organizations, has announced a partnership with Simply.TV. Simply.TV offers TV metadata for more than 80 countries.
News categories: Whip Media, Simply.TV, Alisa Joseph, Daniel Rühmann, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
ORS signs deal with Simply.TV for advanced metadata and EPG
Jun 2, 2021 – ORS has signed a multi-year deal with Simply.TV covering real-time metadata for 100+ linear TV channels and providing direct feed integration with Austrian and German broadcasters.
News categories: Simply.TV, ORS, Thomas Langsenlehner, Daniel Rühmann, Austria, Big Data, Digital TV, UX
Simply.TV metadata powers DNA TV services in Finland
Mar 17, 2021 – Finland's largest cable operator DNA has signed a multi-year deal to use Simply.TV's metadata solution. DNA's entire user base has been has been transfered across multiple platforms.
News categories: Simply.TV, DNA Oy, Daniel Rühmann, Pekka Jääskeläinen, Big Data, Digital TV, Finland
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange