Digital TV News: Simply.TV
PŸUR TV users benefit from personalization with XroadMedia
Sep 12, 2023 – Tele Columbus has implemented personalization services across its PŸUR TV platform using XroadMedia's Ncanto, ensuring that all relevant content for each user is easily discoverable.
News categories: XroadMedia, Tele Columbus, Adolf Proidl, Markus Oswald, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, UX
Simply.TV and Minerva power EPG at Go Malta
Sep 11, 2023 – Simply.TV has announced that its metadata is powering the EPG of Go Malta's pay-TV service. The project was implemented with the support of Minerva Networks.
News categories: Simply.TV, Minerva Networks, Go Malta, Daniel Ruhmann, Matt Cuson, Martin Abela, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Malta, Set Top Box, UX
Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
Jan 25, 2023 – YouSee has agreed a deal with Simply.TV. Metadata from Simply.TV will help YouSee with visuals, recommendations, sports info, ingestion of broadcaster data, and an ID space bringing all services together.
News categories: Simply.TV, YouSee, Daniel Rühmann, Jannie Marie Kaarsberg, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, UX
iWedia and Simply.TV partner to boost live TV engagement
Jan 5, 2023 – iWedia and Simply.TV have announced a joint solution that enhances the experience for consumers with rich metadata and advanced content discovery while unlocking revenue growth and added value for brands.
News categories: iWedia, Simply.TV, Krsto Lazic, Daniel Rühmann, Advertising, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Simply.TV acquires metadata and EPG specialist GVIDI
Aug 22, 2022 – Simply.TV has announced the acquisition of metadata specialist GVIDI, adding talent, strong leadership and around 25 customers. The acquisition is Simply.TV's first and underpins the ambitions of the company.
News categories: Simply.TV, GVIDI, Daniel Rühmann, Tijn Smithuis, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UX, Worldwide
Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
Nov 22, 2021 – Vestel and Simply.TV has entered into a multi-year EPG agreement for all Vestel-produced smart TVs. Simply.TV has migrated Vestel's EPG operations for more than 50 territories with interfaces now powered by rich and consistent metadata.
News categories: Simply.TV, Vestel, Daniel Rühmann, Barış Altınkaya, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
Sep 14, 2021 – Whip Media, an enterprise software platform and data provider for entertainment organizations, has announced a partnership with Simply.TV. Simply.TV offers TV metadata for more than 80 countries.
News categories: Whip Media, Simply.TV, Alisa Joseph, Daniel Rühmann, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
ORS signs deal with Simply.TV for advanced metadata and EPG
Jun 2, 2021 – ORS has signed a multi-year deal with Simply.TV covering real-time metadata for 100+ linear TV channels and providing direct feed integration with Austrian and German broadcasters.
News categories: Simply.TV, ORS, Thomas Langsenlehner, Daniel Rühmann, Austria, Big Data, Digital TV, UX
Simply.TV metadata powers DNA TV services in Finland
Mar 17, 2021 – Finland's largest cable operator DNA has signed a multi-year deal to use Simply.TV's metadata solution. DNA's entire user base has been has been transfered across multiple platforms.
News categories: Simply.TV, DNA Oy, Daniel Rühmann, Pekka Jääskeläinen, Big Data, Digital TV, Finland
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set