Digital TV News: Sky Player
IP Vision and Netgem Unveil HD Hybrid Freeview+ STB
Mar 23, 2010 – IP Vision and Netgem will showcase their High-Definition Freeview+ Hybrid DTT set top box (STB) at the IPTV World Forum. The FetchTV SmartBox 8320HD will be shown on IP Vision's Stand and features Netgem's latest DVB-T2 hardware reference design.
News categories: IP Vision, Netgem, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK, Video Exchange
IP Vision FetchTV Platform to be made available on third party devices
Dec 18, 2009 – IP Vision has laid out a strategy to enable its FetchTV platform on third party set top boxes alongside its own range of Smartbox devices. As part of the initiative, IP Vision will collaborate with ANT Software (LSE AIM: ANTP).
News categories: IP Vision, ANT plc, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Sky Player to launch on IP Vision's Fetch TV
Oct 15, 2009 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced an agreement with IP Vision to make its online TV service, Sky Player, available via IP Vision's Fetch TV devices. From early 2010, the deal will allow customers to receive some of Sky's channels through Fetch TV's set-top boxes.
News categories: IP Vision, BSkyB, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
October for Sky Player on UK Xbox LIVE
Sep 23, 2009 – According to the October edition of BSkyB's (LSE:BSY) skymag Magazine, the Sky Player, Sky's online service, will launch on Xbox LIVE (Nasdaq: MSFT) in October.
News categories: Xbox, BSkyB, Digital TV, Gaming, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, UK
BSkyB and Microsoft Join Forces to Offer TV through Xbox
May 29, 2009 – Sky (LSE:BSY) and Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) have announced that from this autumn, millions of Xbox owners in the UK and Ireland will have the opportunity to access Sky Player, Sky's online TV service, through their broadband-enabled games consoles.
News categories: BSkyB, Xbox, Digital TV, Gaming, Ireland, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, UK
Sky+HD passes 1 million homes after record growth
Apr 30, 2009 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that the total number of Sky+HD customers has passed the 1 million mark for the first time after record sales in the first three months of 2009.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
Sky Player TV Uses Microsoft Silverlight and PlayReady Technology
Dec 4, 2008 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and BSkyB (LSE:BSY) have announced that Microsoft Silverlight and PlayReady technologies are enabling Sky Player TV, Sky's new online TV service.
News categories: BSkyB, Microsoft, Digital TV, Ireland, Media Player, OTT, UK
BBC and Sky partner to offer access to BBC iPlayer via Sky Player
Oct 20, 2008 – The BBC and Sky (LSE:BSY) have announced that BBC iPlayer can now be accessed via Sky Player, Sky's online TV service. Sky Player now includes a series of BBC branded sections, with listings and links to all TV programmes on the iPlayer service.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Sky Player, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, UK
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers