Digital TV News: Sony Electronics
XUMO gains distribution on Sony and Panasonic TVs
Jan 2, 2020 – XUMO has announced the addition of Sony and Panasonic to its existing distribution network with LG. This expansion guarantees significant global distribution for both content owners and advertisers partnered with XUMO at present and in the future.
News categories: XUMO, Sony Electronics, Panasonic, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Nick Colsey, Yasunari Anan, Sangwoo Lee, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
May 14, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television (SPT) and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (CSS Entertainment) (Nasdaq: CSSE) have launched their new streaming video joint venture named 'Crackle Plus' and announce closing of related transactions.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, Sony Pictures Television, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Harmonic and Sony demonstrate ATSC 3.0 hybrid service delivery at NAB Show 2019
Apr 7, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Sony have announced a demonstration at the 2019 NAB Show of advanced, hybrid ATSC 3.0 functionality. Harmonic's SaaS delivers both the OTA and OTT components of hybrid services that run on advanced TV software developed by Sony.
News categories: Harmonic, Sony Electronics, Tim Warren, Jason Clement, Kyle Walker, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul form Crackle Plus joint venture
Mar 28, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) have announced the signing of a definitive agreement to establish a new streaming video joint venture to be branded 'Crackle Plus'.
News categories: Sony Pictures Television, CSS Entertainment, Mike Hopkins, William J. Rouhana Jr, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Many announcements of HDMI 2.1 products expected at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – The HDMI 2.1 Specification was released in November 2017 and manufacturers of several products including semiconductors, TVs, AVRs, soundbars, and game consoles have made announcements on upcoming releases supporting the specification.
News categories: HDMI LA, HDMI Forum, Rob Tobias, Robert Blanchard, CES2020, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Connekt brings 'Buy Now' button to Sony smart TVs
Oct 2, 2018 – Connekt has developed a collaboration with Sony Electronics to enable T-Commerce on select Sony Smart TVs and Blu-ray Disc Players. Through Connekt’s ShopTV application, consumers will be able to securely purchase products directly from the TV.
News categories: Connekt, Sony Electronics, Mike Fitzsimmons, Nick Colsey, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX
Sony Electronics launches TVs with Netflix Calibrated Mode
Jul 31, 2018 – Sony has announced Netflix Calibrated Mode to ensure cinematic fidelity for the viewing experience on Netflix. Netflix Calibrated Mode delivers picture quality approaching that of a master monitor used for standard reference in motion picture production studios.
News categories: Netflix, Sony Electronics, Scott Mirer, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Shipments of HDMI products near 900 million units in 2017
Jan 8, 2018 – HDMI LA has reported that almost 1,800 licensed HDMI Adopters, representing a broad range of product categories, are expected to have shipped nearly 900 million HDMI-compliant products in 2017 for a total cumulative installed base approaching seven billion devices.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Rob Tobias, Robert Blanchard, CES2020, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Pearl TV And Sony develop application environment for ATSC 3.0
Jan 5, 2018 – Pearl TV has announced a project with Sony to develop an on-screen TV program guide that will be responsive to consumer commands. The new channel navigation tool is part of the interactive content environment for ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Pearl TV, Mike Fasulo, Paul Hearty, Anne Schelle, Advertising, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA, UX
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers