Digital TV News: Sprint
T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
Oct 27, 2020 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the company’s latest Un-carrier move, three distinct streaming services — TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS — and the TVision HUB, a streaming device, available nationwide on November 1.
News categories: T-Mobile, Mike Sievert, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Top three China panel suppliers' combined market share exceeds 40% in Q1
May 6, 2019 – According to WitsView, total TV panel shipments in 1Q 2019 reached 70.02 million units, up 4.2% YoY. As Taiwan, Korean and Japanese manufacturers undergo annual maintenance and ease production pressures by adjusting product sizes, China's panel manufacturers take the lead.
News categories: WitsView, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
T-Mobile and Amazon to bring Prime Video to TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced an agreement bringing Prime Video to TVision Home later this year. TVision customers with a Prime membership will be able to watch all Prime content through the Prime Video app on TVision.
News categories: T-Mobile, Prime Video, TVision, Mike Sievert, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, USA
T-Mobile introduces TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has introduced TVision Home, a rebranded and upgraded version of Layer3 TV. TVision Home is launching in Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington DC metro areas, as well as Longmont CO, with other markets coming later this year.
News categories: T-Mobile, TVision, John Legere, Mike Sievert, 5G, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
HTC unveils 5G mobile smart hub
Feb 25, 2019 – HTC has unveiled its HTC 5G Hub, a dedicated 5G mobile smart hub. The device enables 4K video streaming, low-latency gaming, and 5G mobile hotspot features for up to 20 users. Carriers across the globe will offer the HTC 5G Hub.
News categories: HTC, Cher Wang, 5G, Australia, Finland, Germany, MWC22, Router, Switzerland, UK, USA
Ooyala releases State of the Media Industry 2018 report
May 23, 2018 – For media companies who have yet to adopt a data-centric and mobile-first approach to connecting with ever-elusive audiences, Ooyala offers a wake-up call via its new State of the Media Industry 2018 report.
News categories: Ooyala, Belsasar Lepe, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
T-Mobile US and Sprint to combine
Apr 29, 2018 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Sprint Corporation (NYSE: S) have announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement to merge in an all-stock transaction. The combined company will be named T-Mobile.
News categories: T-Mobile US, Sprint Corp, MandA, Mobile, USA
Sprint, Altice announce MVNO agreement
Nov 5, 2017 – Sprint (NYSE: S) and Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) have announced an agreement under which Altice will utilize Sprint’s network to provide mobile voice and data services, and Sprint will use the Altice broadband platform to accelerate the densification of its network.
News categories: Altice, Sprint, Dexter Goei, Marcelo Claure, Broadband, Cable TV, Mobile, USA
Video to account for 60% of mobile data traffic in 2017
Dec 6, 2016 – A study from Juniper Research has forecast that annual cellular data traffic, generated by smartphones, tablets, connected cars, and other M2M modules, will reach 129,000 PB (Petabytes) by 2018.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nitin Bhas, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
- Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G