Digital TV News: Sunplus
Socionext integrates TITC frame buffer compression IP
Jun 26, 2015 – Taiwan ImagingTek (TITC) has announced that Socionext has started shipping TV chips with TITC's image compression IP for frame buffer memory reduction. The IP improves power consumption and memory cost, and reduces EMI issues.
News categories: ImagingTek, Socionext, Star Sung, Takehiro Kamada, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sunplus to sell set-top box chip business to Availink
Jan 20, 2015 – Sunplus Technology (TAIEX: 2401, LSE: SUPD) has announced that it will sell its set-top-box product center assets to Availink for NT$330 million, NT$295million of which it will use to to acquire a 16.67% share of Availink.
News categories: Sunplus, Availink, Chou-Chye Huang, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sunplus selects ANT Galio Platform for system-on-a-chip solution
Feb 28, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Sunplus Technology (Taipei: 2401) has licensed the ANT Galio Platform and core TV applications. The ANT Galio Platform will be integrated with Sunplus SoCs for European connected TV, set-top box and DVD markets.
News categories: ANT plc, Sunplus, Digital TV, DVD, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
2010 Satellite Set Top Box Shipments Down 8% in North American and Western European Regions
Feb 3, 2011 – Shipments of satellite set top boxes declined in 2010 by 8% in both the North American and Western European regions, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
H.264 Decoder IC Market to Grow 20% Annually Through 2013
Nov 11, 2010 – H.264 decoders are beginning to appear in many solutions and the compression scheme is becoming more popular. As a result In-Stat expects H.264 decoder ICs to grow at an annual rate in excess of 20% through 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Silicon Image Introduces MHL™-Enabled Intellectual Property Cores
Nov 8, 2010 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the availability of intellectual property (IP) cores that support the MHL™ standard. MHL is a mobile HD interface standard optimized for connecting portable devices to HD TVs and displays.
News categories: Silicon Image, Mobile High-Definition Link, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smart TV
Inview Technology sign licensing agreements to supply NEELiX platform to silicon vendors
Sep 29, 2010 – Inview Technology has announced that license agreements have been signed with a number of silicon vendors enabling the integration of its NEELiX platform. NEELiX incorporates a fully integrated EPG, media browser and personal schedule tool.
News categories: Inview, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MPEG Video SoC Market Riding Along with the Consumer Electronics Market
Aug 31, 2010 – Growth in shipments of various video products in the consumer electronics market, even in a year with economic uncertainty like 2009, helped the MPEG video SoC market reach over 650 million units in 2009, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Shipments of Network-Enabled Blu-Ray Players/Recorders will approach 80 million units by 2013
Apr 7, 2010 – Price drops of Blu-ray players in North America drove unit shipments to triple in 2009 compared to 2008, reports In-Stat. Worldwide, shipments of Blu-ray players and recorders will grow to nearly 80 million units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Streaming
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community