Digital TV News: Swisscom Broadcast
24i launches TV-as-a-Service offering with Swisscom Broadcast
Aug 31, 2022 – 24i has announced the launch of FokusOnTV, a TV-as-a-Service (TVaaS) streaming offering. FokusOnTV will be offered as a pre-integrated solution with Swisscom Broadcast’s premium headend infrastructure.
News categories: 24i, Swisscom Broadcast, Dr Neale Foster, Dominik Müller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Streaming
24i acquires Nordija
May 27, 2021 – 24i has announced that it has acquired privately-held Nordija. The companies will combine their expertise to drive the development of their TVaaS offerings, enabling scale in their key markets.
News categories: 24i, Nordija, Joachim Bergman, Thomas Christensen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Worldwide
Nordija provides technology for Swisscom TVaaS 2.0 platform
Jun 6, 2018 – Nordija has developed the technology behind the new TV-as-a-Service platform 'TVaaS 2.0' from Swisscom Broadcast. The solution provides a service platform for delivering customised TV experiences, and will be launched at ANGA COM 2018.
News categories: Nordija, Swisscom, Jeroen van Vliet, Olivier Anthamatten, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Worldwide
Poland's E-CHO ISP deploys nangu.TV platform for IPTV and VOD
Jan 16, 2013 – nangu.TV has announced that Polish ISP, E-CHO, has purchased nangu.TV's Media Platform to provide an IPTV system over a managed network that allows customers to connect via their set-top box.
News categories: nangu.TV, E-CHO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Poland
nangu.TV launches enhanced media platform at IP&TV World Forum
Mar 19, 2012 – At London's IP&TV World Forum, nangu.TV has unveiled Interactive CATV, a service providing increased interactive, IP-based services. nangu.TV now allows cable operators and alternative ISPs to increase ARPU and offer a competitive package.
News categories: nangu.TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Fewer than 5000 subscribers to Swisscom DVB-H
Oct 22, 2008 – The 'Bluewin TV mobile' DVB-H service from Swisscom (Swiss: SCMN) is less successful than the company had hoped for, with the service currently having less than 5,000 subscribers.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers, Switzerland
Swisscom Mobile TV network to be set up as planned
Dec 12, 2007 – At the end of September 2007 ComCom awarded Swisscom the licence to set up DVB-H mobile TV in Switzerland. Despite the withdrawal of the two partners - Sunrise and Orange - Swisscom is continuing with its plan to provide the service in time for the European Football Championships.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, Mobile, Switzerland
ComCom awards licence for mobile TV to Swisscom Broadcast
Sep 28, 2007 – Within the framework of a competition based on criteria, Switzerland's Federal Communications Commission (ComCom) is awarding the national licence for DVB-H to Swisscom Broadcast AG.
News categories: ComCom, Federal Office of Communications, Swisscom, Mobile TV Schweiz, Digital TV, Mobile, Switzerland
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV