Digital TV News: Swisscom Broadcast
24i and Amino to make TV-as-a-Service a reality for Thurcom
Sep 12, 2023 – 24i and Amino have announced that their end-to-end TVaaS solution has been selected by Technische Betriebe Wil (TBW) to power video services at its Thurcom subsidiary in Switzerland.
News categories: 24i, Technische Betriebe Wil, Amino, Donald McGarva, Stefan Huber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Switzerland
24i launches TV-as-a-Service offering with Swisscom Broadcast
Aug 31, 2022 – 24i has announced the launch of FokusOnTV, a TV-as-a-Service (TVaaS) streaming offering. FokusOnTV will be offered as a pre-integrated solution with Swisscom Broadcast’s premium headend infrastructure.
News categories: 24i, Swisscom Broadcast, Dr Neale Foster, Dominik Müller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Streaming
24i acquires Nordija
May 27, 2021 – 24i has announced that it has acquired privately-held Nordija. The companies will combine their expertise to drive the development of their TVaaS offerings, enabling scale in their key markets.
News categories: 24i, Nordija, Joachim Bergman, Thomas Christensen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Worldwide
Nordija provides technology for Swisscom TVaaS 2.0 platform
Jun 6, 2018 – Nordija has developed the technology behind the new TV-as-a-Service platform 'TVaaS 2.0' from Swisscom Broadcast. The solution provides a service platform for delivering customised TV experiences, and will be launched at ANGA COM 2018.
News categories: Nordija, Swisscom, Jeroen van Vliet, Olivier Anthamatten, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Worldwide
Poland's E-CHO ISP deploys nangu.TV platform for IPTV and VOD
Jan 16, 2013 – nangu.TV has announced that Polish ISP, E-CHO, has purchased nangu.TV's Media Platform to provide an IPTV system over a managed network that allows customers to connect via their set-top box.
News categories: nangu.TV, E-CHO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Poland
nangu.TV launches enhanced media platform at IP&TV World Forum
Mar 19, 2012 – At London's IP&TV World Forum, nangu.TV has unveiled Interactive CATV, a service providing increased interactive, IP-based services. nangu.TV now allows cable operators and alternative ISPs to increase ARPU and offer a competitive package.
News categories: nangu.TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Fewer than 5000 subscribers to Swisscom DVB-H
Oct 22, 2008 – The 'Bluewin TV mobile' DVB-H service from Swisscom (Swiss: SCMN) is less successful than the company had hoped for, with the service currently having less than 5,000 subscribers.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers, Switzerland
Swisscom Mobile TV network to be set up as planned
Dec 12, 2007 – At the end of September 2007 ComCom awarded Swisscom the licence to set up DVB-H mobile TV in Switzerland. Despite the withdrawal of the two partners - Sunrise and Orange - Swisscom is continuing with its plan to provide the service in time for the European Football Championships.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, Mobile, Switzerland
ComCom awards licence for mobile TV to Swisscom Broadcast
Sep 28, 2007 – Within the framework of a competition based on criteria, Switzerland's Federal Communications Commission (ComCom) is awarding the national licence for DVB-H to Swisscom Broadcast AG.
News categories: ComCom, Federal Office of Communications, Swisscom, Mobile TV Schweiz, Digital TV, Mobile, Switzerland
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029