Digital TV News: TDS Telecom
TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
Jun 1, 2020 – Velocix and TDS Telecom have announced the roll-out of IP video streaming and Cloud DVR services to consumers in central Oregon, completing the first phase of a project to upgrade the entertainment experience available to TDS's 1.2 million connections.
News categories: Velocix, TDS Telecom, David Sharpley, Mark Barber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
ARRIS and TDS Telecom to deploy Android TV STB
Jul 29, 2019 – ARRIS and TDS Telecom have announced plans to deploy an Android TV set-top for the TDS Cloud TV Platform called TDS TV+. TDS plans to launch the cloud-based, IP video delivered solution later this year, beginning in its cable footprint in central Oregon.
News categories: ARRIS, TDS Telecom, Larry Robinson, Ken Paker, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
TDS signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
Oct 3, 2018 – Espial has announced that TDS has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate Cloud video platform. With Elevate, TDS cable video customers will continue to get an immersive experience and easy access to OTT services, including Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Espial, TDS, Matt James, Julie Maiers, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
TDS Telecom Selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Jul 17, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and TDS Telecom (TDS) have announced that TDS has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to TDS’ customers. TDS will roll out the TiVo-powered video solution in both cable and wireline service areas.
News categories: TiVo Inc, TDS Telecom, Nokia, Michael Hawkey, Julie Maiers, Scott Cohen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, UX
TDS Telecom launches companion app and updates UI
Dec 29, 2016 – A new, free TDS TV Companion App from TDS Telecom, turns smartphones and tablets into personal TV remote controls. The new functionality comes as part of a user interface upgrade, which also brings an updated look and feel to the TDS TV on-screen menus.
News categories: TDS Telecom, Shane West, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
TDS selects ARRIS MOXI Whole Home solution
Oct 12, 2015 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that TDS Telecommunications is currently deploying the ARRIS MOXI Whole Home Solution in 11 key markets in the southwestern U.S. to give subscribers a personalized multi-room experience for browsing and accessing their entertainment.
News categories: ARRIS Group, TDS Telecom, Bob Noonan, Shane West, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
TDS Telecom adds 4,000 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 25, 2015 – Telephone and Data Systems (NYSE:TDS) has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2014. TDS Telecom finished the year with 23,400 IPTV subscribers, up 2,700 in the quarter. Video connections via cable ended the year at 110,400, up 1,300 in the same period.
News categories: TDS Telecom, Cable TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs