Digital TV News: TIM
Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
Aug 15, 2022 – The global smart home market is expected to experience consecutive years of softening growth starting in 2021 before an upward trajectory resumes in 2023, according to Omdia.
News categories: Omdia, Blake Kozak, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
Aug 10, 2022 – Samba TV has announced a partnership with Smartclip to enter the Spanish market. The expansion delivers another pillar in Samba TV's global growth strategy, marking the company’s fifth major international announcement this year.
News categories: Samba TV, Smartclip, David Barker, Ángel Fernández Nebot, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Spain
Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
Aug 10, 2022 – Foxxum has announced the launch of Foxxum OS 4, a CTV operating system (OS) built on the RDK platform. The OS will integrate streaming services and applications, building on RDK's success in the STB and operator sectors.
News categories: Foxxum, Ronny Lutzi, Digital TV, RDK, Smart TV, Worldwide
VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
Aug 9, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced a payment and subscription management solution, VIZIO Account, which provides a seamless way for VIZIO Smart TV users to subscribe to streaming services all in one place.
News categories: VIZIO, Mike O’Donnell, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
Aug 2, 2022 – While the global video streaming industry kept growing in the first half of 2022, each individual service continued losing playtime per user as competition between platforms increased. That's the main conclusion of NPAW's Video Streaming Industry Report H1 2022.
News categories: NPAW, Ferran G. Vilaró, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
Aug 3, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Paramount+ will launch as a Premium Subscription within The Roku Channel later this month. Through a dedicated Live TV Guide consumers will be able to access Paramount+’s live content all in one place.
News categories: Roku, Paramount+, Jeff Shultz, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
Aug 3, 2022 – iWedia as announced that it has integrated its software solutions for digital TV service operators and consumer electronics manufacturers in more than 6 million Android TV OS deployments.
News categories: iWedia, Google, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Mark Seidenfeld, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
Aug 1, 2022 – Research from Omdia has revealed that nonlinear viewing continues to gain greater hegemony in the viewing habits of TV users in the US, Europe and Australia with online long form and social media video growing beyond the previous year's boom.
News categories: Omdia, Rob Moyser, Australia, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, USA
Sky Glass to launch in Ireland in August
Jul 27, 2022 – Sky Ireland has announced that Sky's TV, Sky Glass, will launch in Ireland on 25th August 2022. Sky Glass is the only TV with Sky inside, allowing customers to get Sky TV over WiFi – removing the need for a satellite dish or STB.
News categories: Sky, JD Buckley, Digital TV, Ireland, Smart TV, Streaming
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia