Digital TV News: TIM
Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
Feb 2, 2023 – Sky is rolling out new features to Entertainment OS, its Sky Glass and Sky Stream operating system. Entertainment OS 1.1 brings Personalised Playlists, a new 'Play' voice command, more ways to find content, and enhanced Bluetooth features.
News categories: Sky, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UK, UX
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
Feb 2, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and Broadpeak have announced that they have joined forces to provide Cellcom with an end-to-end solution offering super-low latency for live sports streaming over OTT set-top boxes.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess-Orca, Cellcom, Jacques Le Mancq, Philippe Léonetti, Gil Hershberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Media Player, Set Top Box, Streaming
Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
Feb 2, 2023 – New World TV turned to Globecast to provide satellite distribution services for the recent Qatar football tournament. New World TV is a satellite-based TV network operating across Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Globecast, New World TV, Yann Madeline, Redha Chibani, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
Feb 1, 2023 – ThinkAnalytics grew aggressively in 2022 with revenue growth of 30% year on year. New customer signings included Bell Canada, BritBox, Crunchyroll, Telus, Sony Pictures, Magyar Telekom, and MBC Group.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Eddie Young, Greg Riker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, UX, Worldwide
Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
Feb 1, 2023 – Cellcom used low latency streaming technology from Synamedia to enhance its FIFA World Cup viewing experience. Cellcom streamed matches in full HD with broadcast-equivalent latency to Android TV STBs using LL-DASH.
News categories: Synamedia, Cellcom, Elke Hungenaert, Gil Hershberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
Jan 31, 2023 – BARB has beta launched an API to give its clients more flexibility in how they access BARB viewing data. The API includes three types of linear viewing data: programme audiences, advertising spots and impacts by time segments.
News categories: BARB, Jim Jarrett, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
Jan 25, 2023 – Millicom International Cellular has confirmed that a potential acquisition of all outstanding shares in Millicom is being discussed with Apollo Global Management and Claure Group.
News categories: Millicom, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
Jan 24, 2023 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its annual report on key AV players in Europe. SVOD stands out as the most concentrated market segment, with the top 3 OTT platforms accounting for 71% of subscriptions.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution