Digital TV News: TIM
Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
Sep 23, 2021 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has expanded its Canadian TV advertising offering with the introduction of the OneView advertising platform. OneView enables ad campaigns across TV streaming, desktop, and mobile.
News categories: Roku, Matterkind, Christina Summers, Erin Rahn, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
Sep 23, 2021 – Wiztivi has announced that it created the user interface for Sagemcom's Video Soundbox, which brings together video, audio and voice control. Video Soundbox is the world's first Dolby Atmos certified set-top box.
News categories: Wiztivi, Sagemcom, Ari Bensimon, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
Sep 21, 2021 – AlphaOTT, in collaboration with STI Telecom, has expanded the scope of its OTT/IPTV offering to include support for customers who are not ready to set up their own headend.
News categories: AlphaOTT, STI Telecom, Nick Ntigritakis, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
Sep 22, 2021 – Following Ross Video's recent withdrawal from NAB Show 2021 and the subsequent cancellation of the in-person event, Ross have announced that they will not be participating in IBC's physical 2021 exhibition.
News categories: Ross Video, Digital TV, IBC, Netherlands, Worldwide
Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
Sep 20, 2021 – As demand for subscription entertainment shows no sign of slowing, and content continues to fragment across new and existing services, audiences are fast approaching a tipping point, Deloitte Australia's latest Media Consumer Survey reveals.
News categories: Deloitte, Leora Nevezie, Will Castles, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
Sep 21, 2021 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) is to launch an app that will allow Shopify merchants to create TV streaming ad campaigns, opening the door for SMBs to grow branding and revenue through TV advertising.
News categories: Roku, Shopify, Jared Lefkowitz, Amir Kabbara, Andrew Goble, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
Sep 21, 2021 – Attest has released its third annual US Media Consumption Report. The report points to a significant decrease in the desire of Americans to sit in front of a TV screen for prolonged periods of time.
News categories: Attest, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2021 – According to Dataxis, at Q2 2021, Android TV could be found on around 26% of the global advanced STB installed base. Although striking, the share of Google’s platform actually decreased from 40% in 2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
Sep 21, 2021 – Netgem TV has announced that it will be powering Pure TV, a new offering in the Irish streaming market. Netgem provides a TV service for ISPs that allows them to augment their broadband packages.
News categories: Netgem, Pure Telecom, Sylvain Thevenot, Paul Connell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform