Digital TV News: TRIO
U.S. MVPDs launch first linear consumer Ultra HD services with SES
Apr 24, 2017 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that two MVPDs in the US have launched the first commercial linear Ultra HD services to cable and IPTV subscriber homes using SES’s satellite-delivered, pre-packaged, Ultra HD solution.
News categories: SES S.A, Vivicast, Highlands Cable, Marquette-Adams, Steve Corda, Stuart Smitherman, Nin Bond, Jerry Schneider, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, USA
ARABSAT and EMC announce triple play over satellite joint venture
Sep 8, 2015 – ARABSAT and EMC have announced a joint venture to launch TRIO, the first real triple play service over satellite in the world. The TRIO platform is built using SATLink technology from EMC with the soon-to-be launched ARABSAT Badr-7 satellite at the MENA hotspot of 26°E.
News categories: ARABSAT, EMC, TRIO, Khalid Balkheyour, Abel Avellan, Santiago Rossi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
U.S. multichannel video subscription count drops by a quarter million in 2013
Mar 19, 2014 – The U.S. multichannel segment posted its first full-year decline in subscriptions, according to SNL Kagan estimates for cable, DBS and telco offerings at the end of 2013.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Tru2way® Home Networking Event Demonstrates DVR Content Sharing Between STBs and DLNA Devices
Aug 3, 2010 – A CableLabs® interop has demonstrated sharing of premium DVR content among multiple tru2way® set-top boxes and DLNA Certified® devices, such as connected TVs, game consoles, PCs and mobile devices, over a home network in a secure manner.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
NDS Professional Services Enables Launch of First tru2way User Interface by Cox Communications
May 11, 2010 – NDS and Cox Communications have announced the launch of the new Cox advanced interactive program guide (IPG), Trio(sm), enabled by NDS' professional services team.
News categories: NDS Group, Cox Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Cox Launches Whole Home DVR Service With Cisco Set-Tops
May 10, 2010 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that it has teamed with Cox Communications to deliver the new Cox 'Plus Package,' featuring high-definition Whole Home digital video recorder (DVR) service with Cisco Explorer® next-generation set-top boxes.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Cox Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Halstad Telephone Company selects Calix for trio of fiber access initiatives
Apr 13, 2010 – Calix (NYSE: CALX) has announced that Halstad Telephone Company (HTC) has selected the Calix Unified Access portfolio to deliver advanced IPTV services, data services, mobile backhaul, and VOIP services in Minnesota and North Dakota.
News categories: Calix, Halstad Telephone Company, Broadband, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, USA
North-West Telecom Starts PON-Based Triple Play in Kaliningrad
Nov 13, 2009 – In November 2009, North-West Telecom started commercial operation of triple play services based on passive optical networks (PON) in Kaliningrad. Kaliningrad becomes the company's second regional division after St. Petersburg.
News categories: North-West Telecom, Avangard, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Russia
Telefónica pay TV accesses exceed 2.3 million
May 13, 2009 – Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) has released its first quarter 2009 results. Pay TV accesses exceeded 2.3 million by the end of March, almost 25% more than a year ago. However, subscriber numbers in Spain fell by 7,700 in the quarter.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, IPTV, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030