Digital TV News: Telecable
Grupo MÁSMÓVIL to acquire Euskaltel
Mar 28, 2021 – Grupo MÁSMÓVIL has announced the launch of a public acquisition offer (OPA) for 100% of the shares of Euskaltel. MÁSMÓVIL already has agreement from shareholders owning 52.32% of Euskaltel's share capital.
News categories: MásMóvil, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Spain
The number of cable homes in Europe grew once again in 2017
Nov 7, 2018 – The number of cable homes in Europe once again grew in 2017, reaching 69.2 million and comprising 36.3% of all TV households. This was the largest number of cable homes in Europe since 2009 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Euskaltel 4K decoder to have Netflix integrated
Nov 13, 2017 – The Euskaltel Group has signed an agreement with Netflix enabling the operator's TV customers to access Netflix directly through their 4K decoder. Euskaltel will be the first operator in Spain to offer its customers a remote control that features a Netflix button.
News categories: Euskaltel, Netflix, Francisco Arteche, María Ferreras, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Spain
Telecable and Sagemcom launch 4K Android TV set-top
Sep 13, 2017 – Telecable has launched its Android TV 4K tedi set-top box, designed and manufactured by Sagemcom. The set-top box, integrating the latest cutting-edge technologies, gives access to a complete TV and multimedia entertainment offer.
News categories: Sagemcom, Telecable, Olivier Taravel, Aitor Markaida, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Spain
EU cable TV continues to grow despite OTT competition
Dec 19, 2016 – The cable industry in the European Union has continued to grow amidst increasing competition from traditional and Over-The-Top (OTT) players, according to a report released by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Spain adds another 277,000 IPTV subscribers in 1Q 2015
Nov 9, 2015 – Spain’s Markets and Competition Commission (CNMC) has published telecommunications and audiovisual statistics for the country for the first quarter of 2015. In the quarter, total pay TV subscribers rose by 337,000 to close in on the 5.4 million mark.
News categories: CNMC, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Accedo powers OTT multiscreen Cloud DVR service for Telecable
Sep 16, 2015 – Accedo has announced that it is powering Telecable’s Cloud DVR service, Tedi, the latest version of which launched earlier this month. Subscribers across Spain are now able to access Tedi via a dedicated set-top-box, or via the iOS or Android apps.
News categories: Accedo, Telecable, Jerónimo Macanás, Jesús Pérez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Spain
Costa Rica adds 100,000 pay TV subscribers in 2013
Jul 30, 2014 – Costa Rica's telecoms regulator (SUTEL) has released a market report for the period 2010 to 2013. The country ended 2013 with 641,042 pay TV subscribers, up 100,349 versus the end of 2012.
News categories: SUTEL, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers
NAGRA selected by Mexico's Telecable for multiscreen TV offering
May 27, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its end-to-end multiscreen solution, NAGRA MediaLive, has been selected by one of Mexico’s largest cable companies, Telecable, to enable its next generation TV services.
News categories: NAGRA, Telecable, Luis Vielma, Tom Wirth, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership