Digital TV News: Telstra
Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
Aug 12, 2022 – According to GlobalData, pay TV revenues in Australia are set to decline in line with continuing losses in Cable TV and DTH subscriptions driven by cord-cutting and the growing popularity of OTT video alternatives.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Telstra adopts Fetch as TV platform provider
Apr 28, 2022 – Telstra has selected Fetch as its platform for Telstra TV. Telstra will invest around A$50m including provision for onboarding Telstra TV customers onto Fetch, resulting in Telstra acquiring a 51% stake in the company.
News categories: Telstra, Fetch TV, Kim Krogh Andersen, Scott Lorson, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UX
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Subscription home entertainment soars in Australia
Aug 17, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted home entertainment subscription services in Australia according to Telsyte. Australians added 5.6 million new subscriptions to the end of June 2020, an increase of 18% from a year ago.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
Jul 10, 2020 – Pay-TV service revenue in Australia is set to decline at a CAGR of 3.2% from $2.6bn in 2019 to $2.2bn in 2024 due to declining cable and DTH TV subscriptions and falling pay-TV ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Australia, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
Dec 11, 2019 – According to Grand View Research, the global TV analytics market is expected to reach $655.4 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 21.2% over the period, with more companies investing in platforms to understand viewership preferences.
News categories: Grand View Research, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
Oct 15, 2019 – Australia’s TV and video market is on track to achieve a second consecutive year of growth in 2019, with consumer spend set to grow by 4%, according to Futuresource Consulting. Despite the continuing upsurge, key components are experiencing wildly varying fortunes.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
Oct 10, 2019 – Network 10 has announced a partnership with You.i TV for its broadcast video on-demand app, 10 Play. The plan is to standardise the 10 Play app user experience across video streaming platforms and unlock new ad formats, beyond pre and mid-roll ads.
News categories: Network 10, You.i TV, Liz Baldwin, Rod Prosser, Jason Flick, Advertising, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming
Chromecast Australia’s most popular OTT TV service
Oct 4, 2019 – According to Roy Morgan, the proportion of Australians who own digital television services has shown significant growth across all brands in the past three years. Google Chromecast experienced the largest percentage increase over the period.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV
- IAS offers ad verification solution on APS Connections Marketplace
- Charter to acquire assets of Maine-based Bee Line Cable
- FreeWheel: FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show