Digital TV News: The Diffusion Group
Recommendation-driven guides to drive 75% of TV viewing
Feb 8, 2016 – According to The Diffusion Group, US multichannel video programming distributors (MVPDs) will rapidly move to make recommendation-based program guides the centerpiece of their updated TV interfaces.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Alan Wolk, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
14% of U.S. broadband homes now without traditional pay TV
Oct 28, 2014 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), during the next few months, and for the first time in history, the number of U.S. home broadband subscriptions, at over 100 million, will surpass the number of home pay-TV subscriptions.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
Netflix streaming volume up 350% in 10 quarters
Sep 25, 2014 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), Netflix streaming has increased 350 percent during the last 10 quarters, growing from two billion hours in Q4-11 to seven billion hours as of Q2-14.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Netflix, Bill Niemeyer, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Total TV/video revenues to remain flat through 2020
Jun 25, 2014 – According to a new report from TDG, total TV and video revenue over the next five years will be much like the previous five years in terms of inflation-adjusted dollars, running primarily flat.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Bill Niemeyer, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Tablet users prefer OTT service apps to TV apps
Jun 12, 2014 – According to TDG, despite the widening availability of ‘TV Everywhere’ services, tablet owners are significantly more likely to use OTT service apps such as Netflix than those offered by both TV networks and operators.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, USA
16% of U.S. broadband-enabled pay-TV households use mobile device to control the TV
May 15, 2014 – According to new data from The Diffusion Group (TDG), 16% of U.S. adult broadband users utilize a smart phone or tablet to control their television.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Demand for iSTBs strong, especially among millennials
Mar 25, 2014 – According to new research from The Diffusion Group, 14% of broadband households currently use an Internet set-top box such as Roku or Apple TV to access over-the-top (OTT) video content on their television.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Net-connected TV penetration tops 60% of US internet households
Feb 14, 2014 – According to new data from The Diffusion Group (TDG), more than 60% of US broadband households have at least one television connected to the Internet such that it can receive entertainment services like Netflix and Pandora.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Traditional pay TV uptake remains resilient in US
Jan 15, 2014 – According to data released by The Diffusion Group, nearly nine in ten adult broadband users in the US subscribe to an incumbent pay-TV service such as cable, satellite, or telco-TV.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Michael Greeson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, USA
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system