Digital TV News: TiVo Inc
TDS Telecom Selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Jul 17, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and TDS Telecom (TDS) have announced that TDS has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to TDS’ customers. TDS will roll out the TiVo-powered video solution in both cable and wireline service areas.
News categories: TiVo Inc, TDS Telecom, Nokia, Michael Hawkey, Julie Maiers, Scott Cohen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, UX
Nearly 40% of U.S. broadband households own a streaming media player
May 31, 2018 – Parks Associates has announced research showing that ownership of streaming media players has risen from about six percent of U.S. broadband households in 2010 to almost 40% at the beginning of 2018.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
EPIX app launches on TiVo set-tops at Atlantic Broadband
Jan 24, 2017 – EPIX has announced that it will offer EPIX content through an app that enables authenticated subscribers to access EPIX’s library of more than 2,000 Hollywood movies on TiVo devices. The app will first launch with Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: EPIX, TiVo, Atlantic Broadband, NCTC, Mark Greenberg, Jim Denney, David Isenberg, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Serbia's Astra Telekom to use Cubiware middleware for IPTV services
Sep 13, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Astra Telekom, a privately held Serbian telecom operator, will use Cubiware’s middleware solutions to provide enhanced IPTV services to customers throughout Serbia.
News categories: Cubiware, Astra Telekom, Maciej Grzonkowski, Slobodan Preradovic, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Serbia
Econet and TiVo’s Cubiware announce partnership in Africa
Sep 12, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a partnership with Econet. As a result of the partnership, Cubiware will combine efforts with STB vendors to deliver the latest iteration of CubiTV middleware in Africa.
News categories: Cubiware, Econet, Jakub Gorski, Joe Hundah, Africa, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cubiware’s CubiGO brings multiscreen OTT to Digitalb customers
Sep 11, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Digitalb has launched Cubiware’s CubiGO, an over the top (OTT) multiscreen solution that allows operators to offer customers mobile access to their entertainment with a consistent experience across mobile devices.
News categories: Cubiware, Digitalb, Jakub Gorski, Altin Petre, Albania, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Mobile, Streaming
Cubiware and BOLD MSS collaborate to bring TeleRed hybrid TV to Buenos Aires
Sep 10, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a collaboration with TeleRed and BOLD MSS to bring TV with IPVOD to the people of Buenos Aires. The hybrid service will provide TeleRed customers with a wide array of content.
News categories: Cubiware, TeleRed, BOLD MSS, Maciej Grzonkowski, Angel Padula, Ariel Droyeski, Argentina, Digital TV, Middleware
Cubiware and BOLD MSS empower Uruguay's Nuevo Siglo
Sep 9, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it is providing Nuevo Siglo with the technology to make Nuevo Siglo one of the first cable operators in South and Central America to incorporate content accessed through third party 'Play or Go' apps on their STBs.
News categories: Cubiware, Nuevo Siglo, BOLD MSS, Jakub Gorski, Mario de Oliveira, Ariel Droyeski, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Uruguay
Virgin Media begins update of TiVo STBs
Aug 12, 2016 – Virgin Media has announced a major platform update for its TV customers. A new feature called Series Link+ will allow customers to pull together more of the TV they love into one place - from live TV channels, on demand and online services like Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UK
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market