Digital TV News: Ting
Nordija wins IPTV contract from US fibre operator Ting
Dec 10, 2018 – Nordija has announced that it is providing the technology behind the soon-to-be-launched IPTV service Ting TV. The software platform fokusOn was chosen by US fibre operator Ting as the engine behind the solution.
News categories: Nordija, Ting, Thomas Christensen, Michael Goldstein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
WYPLAY Secures 9 Million Euro Third Round Financing
May 4, 2010 – WYPLAY SAS has announced that it has closed a 9 million euro third round of financing led by Amundi Private Equity Funds. Wyplay has already experienced success with international Tier 1 clients that include SFR-Vodafone and D-Link.
News categories: WYPLAY, Amundi Private Equity, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Venture Capital
STMicroelectronics Leading-Edge Decoder Technology Powers Proview Set-Top Box in Brazil
Sep 2, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that Proview (Hong Kong: 0334) is to use ST's STi7101 HDTV MPEG-2/H.264 single chip video decoder in its new XPS-1000 digital terrestrial set-top box (SBTVD) for Brazil.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Proview, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
STMicroelectronics Leading-Edge Decoder Technology Powers New Set-Top Box in Brazil
Nov 15, 2007 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that Gradiente's DHD800 high-definition (HD) set-top box - the first to offer full compliance with the new Brazilian SBTVD (Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão Digital) digital terrestrial TV standard - is based on ST's industry-leading STi7100 single-chip HDTV decoder technology.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SBTVD Forum, Ministério das Comunicações SBTVD site, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
China's Tianjin Cable Network Chooses NDS Solution to Secure Its New Digital Cable Service
Oct 29, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that Tianjin Broadcast & TV Network Co. Ltd has selected NDS VideoGuard® conditional access to protect its new digital cable service.
News categories: NDS Group, Tianjin Broadcast & TV Network, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019