Digital TV News: Ting
Nordija wins IPTV contract from US fibre operator Ting
Dec 10, 2018 – Nordija has announced that it is providing the technology behind the soon-to-be-launched IPTV service Ting TV. The software platform fokusOn was chosen by US fibre operator Ting as the engine behind the solution.
News categories: Nordija, Ting, Thomas Christensen, Michael Goldstein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
WYPLAY Secures 9 Million Euro Third Round Financing
May 4, 2010 – WYPLAY SAS has announced that it has closed a 9 million euro third round of financing led by Amundi Private Equity Funds. Wyplay has already experienced success with international Tier 1 clients that include SFR-Vodafone and D-Link.
News categories: WYPLAY, Amundi Private Equity, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Venture Capital
STMicroelectronics Leading-Edge Decoder Technology Powers Proview Set-Top Box in Brazil
Sep 2, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that Proview (Hong Kong: 0334) is to use ST's STi7101 HDTV MPEG-2/H.264 single chip video decoder in its new XPS-1000 digital terrestrial set-top box (SBTVD) for Brazil.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Proview, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
STMicroelectronics Leading-Edge Decoder Technology Powers New Set-Top Box in Brazil
Nov 15, 2007 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that Gradiente's DHD800 high-definition (HD) set-top box - the first to offer full compliance with the new Brazilian SBTVD (Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão Digital) digital terrestrial TV standard - is based on ST's industry-leading STi7100 single-chip HDTV decoder technology.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SBTVD Forum, Ministério das Comunicações SBTVD site, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
China's Tianjin Cable Network Chooses NDS Solution to Secure Its New Digital Cable Service
Oct 29, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that Tianjin Broadcast & TV Network Co. Ltd has selected NDS VideoGuard® conditional access to protect its new digital cable service.
News categories: NDS Group, Tianjin Broadcast & TV Network, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation