Digital TV News: Tricolor TV
4K Ultra HD TVs driving the flat panel TV market
Jul 12, 2018 – The increasing number of worldwide 4K flat panel TV shipments over the past few years is contributing to growth of the global flat panel TV market. 4K TV units account for more than one-third of TVs sold in 2017, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tricolor TV and NEOTION enable public establishments in Russia to offer mobile TV
Nov 29, 2017 – Tricolor TV and NEOTION have launched a service for the B2B segment, called 'Territory of Tricolor TV', available within the footprint of Eutelsat 36C. Using NEOTION software and hardware, the service allows organizations to offer visitors access to Tricolor TV content on their mobile devices.
News categories: NEOTION, Tricolor TV, Olivier DEMOLY, Alexei Karpov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, Mobile, Russia, Satellite
NEOTION and CIFRA deliver CI Plus 1.3 CAM to Tricolor TV
Feb 7, 2017 – NEOTION has developed, in cooperation with CIFRA, a next generation CAM for Tricolor TV. The NEOTION CAM integrates the CI Plus 1.3 Operator Profile allowing host devices to perform a full installation of the Tricolor TV bouquet.
News categories: NEOTION, CIFRA, Tricolor TV, Olivier DEMOLY, Alexey GOILO, CAM, CSTB, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Smart TV
Eutelsat and Broadpeak combine to deliver live TV and VOD to mobiles
Nov 15, 2016 – Broadpeak and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have combined to offer content providers a satellite-based solution for multiscreen video delivery to connected devices. The offer extends access to video content on mobile devices beyond terrestrial networks.
News categories: Broadpeak, Eutelsat, Jacques Le Mancq, Jacques Dutronc, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, Worldwide
Tricolor TV to deploy Eutelsat multiscreen video delivery service
Jul 27, 2016 – Tricolor TV and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announce that they are deploying the first network in Russia to use SmartBeam, Eutelsat's multi-screen video delivery solution. SmartBeam opens the door to the deployment of the first satellite network in Russia to deliver video content to mobile devices.
News categories: Eutelsat, Tricolor TV, Rodolphe Belmer, Alexei Kholodov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Router, Russia, Satellite, Smart Home
Pay TV subscribers pass 40 million in Russia
Jul 15, 2016 – According to a report from IAA TelecomDaily, the number of pay TV subscribers in Russia passed the 40 million mark in the second quarter of 2016. Subscribers have increased by 740 thousand in the first half of the year.
News categories: TelecomDaily, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Tricolor TV connects 7 millionth HD subscriber
Mar 25, 2016 – The largest Russian pay TV operator, Tricolor TV, has announced that it has connected its seven millionth high definition (HD) subscriber, representing over 59% of the company's subscriber base and half of all of the HD subscribers in Russia.
News categories: Tricolor TV, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
GS Group begins sales of game console-STB combo
Mar 1, 2016 – GS Group has announced the start of sales of the first Russian game console with HD set-top box functions – GS Gamekit. The device is available from General Satellite authorized dealers and Tricolor TV service providers.
News categories: GS Group, Tatiana Mikhalevskaya, Digital TV, Gaming, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Russia's DTH services move from Eutelsat-36A to Express-AMU1
Feb 10, 2016 – On 10 February 2016, in conjunction with Eutelsat, RSCC has switched the Russian DTH services Tricolor TV and NTV+ from Eutelsat-36A to the Express-AMU1 satellite.
News categories: RSCC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021