Digital TV News: UKTV
4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
Oct 4, 2022 – Channel 4 has announced a partnership with 4Sales and ViewersLogic to develop a platform which unlocks accurate results by measuring a consumer's journey to purchase, rather than just the media they consume.
News categories: Channel 4, ViewersLogic, Ewan Douglas, Hassan Khan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools
Jul 28, 2022 – Freeview Play viewers can now enjoy an upgraded viewing experience, after the latest update to its Explore Freeview Play TV app. The update brings new recommendation genres, and a new dedicated Box Sets area.
News categories: Freeview, Owen Jenkinson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
May 24, 2022 – 24i has launched a personalization and content recommendations service, 24iQ. The results from the integration of 24i’s data team with the technologies and data science expertise of The Filter, acquired by 24i in April.
News categories: 24i, Dr. Neale Foster, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Aferian acquires AI-powered video recommendation service The Filter
Mar 5, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has acquired 100% of Exabre Limited, trading as The Filter. The Filter's data science, analysis and machine learning technologies help consumers find and watch more of the video content they love.
News categories: Aferian, The Filter, Donald McGarva, Damien Read, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
Freeview Play and LG agree new five-year partnership
Mar 18, 2022 – Freeview Play and LG have strengthened their partnership with a five-year agreement, meaning that all new LG TVs will come with Freeview Play built in as standard. Freeview and LG will also work together on future product updates.
News categories: Freeview Play, LG Electronics, Simon Hunt, Peter Booth, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
Oct 27, 2021 – Freeview has announced that its on demand platform Freeview Play is now used in over 10 million homes. This follows over 14 million sales and cements its position as the fastest growing TV platform in the UK.
News categories: Freeview, Neema Shah, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Simplestream powers Islam Channel streaming service
Jul 15, 2021 – Islam Channel has chosen to partner with Simplestream to expand its live and on-demand streaming service. The new service is built on Simplestream's App Platform and allows audiences to access content on multiple devices.
News categories: Simplestream, Islam Channel, Josh Harrington, Mohamed Harrath, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK, Worldwide
Simplestream selected to power GB News OTT services
Jul 13, 2021 – Simplestream has been selected by recently launched British TV news channel, GB News, to power a range of OTT services. The digital offering complements the service’s traditional linear TV distribution strategy.
News categories: Simplestream, GB News, Dan Finch, Marc Schipper, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
Jun 9, 2021 – Sky, ITV and Channel 4 are working together to launch CFlight, an advertising metric that captures live, on-demand and time-shifted commercial impressions across all mainstream viewing platforms in the UK.
News categories: Sky Media, ITV, Channel 4, NBCUniversal, Tim Pearson, Kelly Williams, Veriça Djurdjevic, Kelly Abcarian, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server