Digital TV News: VTC
Brightcove launches OTT Flow X, powered by Accedo
May 21, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced the launch of OTT Flow X, powered by Accedo, enabling both companies to expand their direct-to-consumer products and deliver solutions that address all points in the OTT continuum.
News categories: Accedo, Brightcove, Fredrik Andersson, Anil Jain, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Anevia helps Vietnam's VTC to launch OTT service
May 17, 2018 – Anevia is helping Vietnam Television Corporation (VTC) to launch an over-the-top (OTT) service for subscribers. Launched at the end of April, VTC Now is available on Apple and Google market places.
News categories: Anevia, Vietnam Television Corp, Grégory Samson, Nguyen Ngoc Tuan, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Vietnam
VTC Vietnam selects Brightcove for OTT streaming
May 1, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Vietnam Television Corporation (VTC) has launched VTC NOW, an OTT streaming service utilising the Brightcove video platform. VTC NOW is a subscription-based service, offering VOD and Live content.
News categories: Brightcove, VTC, Ben Morrell, Nguyen Kim Trung, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Vietnam
Vietnam's VTC launches OTT video service with Accedo
Apr 5, 2018 – Accedo has announced that Vietnamese broadcaster, VTC Digital Television, is using Accedo One’s Studio Professional UX platform to power VTC Now, the newly-launched direct-to-consumer, over-the-top (OTT) video service.
News categories: Accedo, VTC, Matt Kossatz, Nguyen Ngoc Tua, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Vietnam
TeamCast supports VTC's transmitter upgrade to DVB-T2 in Vietnam
Mar 21, 2017 – TeamCast has announced that it is contributing to the migration of DTT from DVB-T to DVB-T2 in Vietnam. Vietnam Television Corporation (VTC) has selected TeamCast's DVB-T/T2 TWISTER exciters.
News categories: TeamCast, VTC, Eric Pinson, Do Hoang Kien, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Vietnam
FPT Telecom awarded pay TV licence in Vietnam
Aug 8, 2013 – Vietnam's Ministry of Information and Communications has granted pay TV licenses to FPT Telecom. The firm will be allowed to offer analogue cable TV across Vietnam, except in major cities. Digital cable TV it will be able to offer nationwide.
News categories: FPT Telecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Vietnam
VTCI Selects Entone's FusionTV for Cloud Services
Dec 13, 2011 – Entone has announced that Valley Telephone Cooperative (VTCI) has selected its FusionTV™ solution to power the delivery of hybrid TV services. VTCI provides a full range of telecommunications services to rural communities in South Texas.
News categories: Entone, VTCI, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA
Sigma Designs and Vietnam Multimedia Corporation Establish Joint Venture
Apr 18, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and Vietnam Multimedia Corporation (VTC) have announced that they have reached an agreement to establish a joint venture to develop and market set-top boxes, smart energy products and home connectivity solutions.
News categories: Sigma Designs, VTC, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Vietnam
Saigon Postel launches IPTV in Vietnam
Jul 13, 2010 – The Saigon Post and Telecommunications Services Corporation (SPT) and Digital Communication, owned by the Vietnam Multimedia Corporation (VTC) have launched an IPTV service in Vietnam.
News categories: Saigon Post and Telecommunications, Digital TV, IPTV, Vietnam
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers