Digital TV News: WISI
WISI powers multiscreen ABR video service at Cable Bahamas
Dec 8, 2021 – Cable Bahamas has chosen WISI America to power its on-premise ABR video service. By launching the multiscreen offering with WISI, Cable Bahamas was able to triple its DOCSIS speeds, increase video quality and reduce operating expenses.
News categories: WISI, Cable Bahamas, Andre Johnson, Bahamas, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV
WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
Feb 6, 2020 – Minerva Networks and Com Net Inc (CNI) have approved WISI for customer installations within their cloud video service Minerva YourTV Now. WISI’s Inca ABR transcoder provides telco and cable operators with cost and space savings.
News categories: Com Net Inc, WISI, Minerva Networks, Randy Plaisier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
Jul 19, 2019 – WISI has announced that the Inca Adaptive Bitrate Transcoder 3840, its OTT transcoder, is now an option for customers deploying the MOBITV CONNECT platform. The collaboration empowers cable operators to deploy next generation video experiences to consumers.
News categories: WISI, MOBITV, Robert Bell, Bill Routt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Harmonic and WISI partner on cable access
Jun 9, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and WISI Communications have announced a partnership to develop products that will allow operators to keep pace with requirements such as CCAP, DOCSIS 3.1 and Distributed Access Architecture with digital fiber transport.
News categories: Harmonic, WISI Communications, Nimrod Ben-Natan, Axel Sihn, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Worldwide
WISI and IP.NETCOM combine HbbTV with classical IPTV in hybrid Set-Top-Box
Jul 16, 2013 – WISI Communications and IP.NETCOM have announced a hybrid set top box (STB) that combines HbbTV via classical IPTV based on the ETSI DVB-IP standard.
News categories: WISI, IP.NETCOM, HbbTV, IPTV, Set Top Box
FRANSAT, Free DTT Via Satellite Offering, Launches across France
Jun 29, 2009 – Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) has announced the full commercial launch of FRANSAT, the new service giving satellite access in metropolitan France to all French free DTT (Digital Terrestrial Television) channels.
News categories: FRANSAT, Eutelsat, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Entropic Announces Channel Stacking Switch for Free-To-Air Satellite Market
May 19, 2009 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its next-generation Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been tapped by several OEMs for the large free-to-air (FTA) European satellite market.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Axing, Jultec, Unitron, Wisi, ANGA COM, Digital TV, DVR, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers