Digital TV News: WISI
WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
Feb 6, 2020 – Minerva Networks and Com Net Inc (CNI) have approved WISI for customer installations within their cloud video service Minerva YourTV Now. WISI’s Inca ABR transcoder provides telco and cable operators with cost and space savings.
News categories: Com Net Inc, WISI, Minerva Networks, Randy Plaisier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
Jul 19, 2019 – WISI has announced that the Inca Adaptive Bitrate Transcoder 3840, its OTT transcoder, is now an option for customers deploying the MOBITV CONNECT platform. The collaboration empowers cable operators to deploy next generation video experiences to consumers.
News categories: WISI, MOBITV, Robert Bell, Bill Routt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Harmonic and WISI partner on cable access
Jun 9, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and WISI Communications have announced a partnership to develop products that will allow operators to keep pace with requirements such as CCAP, DOCSIS 3.1 and Distributed Access Architecture with digital fiber transport.
News categories: Harmonic, WISI Communications, Nimrod Ben-Natan, Axel Sihn, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Worldwide
WISI and IP.NETCOM combine HbbTV with classical IPTV in hybrid Set-Top-Box
Jul 16, 2013 – WISI Communications and IP.NETCOM have announced a hybrid set top box (STB) that combines HbbTV via classical IPTV based on the ETSI DVB-IP standard.
News categories: WISI, IP.NETCOM, HbbTV, IPTV, Set Top Box
FRANSAT, Free DTT Via Satellite Offering, Launches across France
Jun 29, 2009 – Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) has announced the full commercial launch of FRANSAT, the new service giving satellite access in metropolitan France to all French free DTT (Digital Terrestrial Television) channels.
News categories: FRANSAT, Eutelsat, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Entropic Announces Channel Stacking Switch for Free-To-Air Satellite Market
May 19, 2009 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its next-generation Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been tapped by several OEMs for the large free-to-air (FTA) European satellite market.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Axing, Jultec, Unitron, Wisi, ANGA COM, Digital TV, DVR, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way