Digital TV News: WISI
WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
Feb 6, 2020 – Minerva Networks and Com Net Inc (CNI) have approved WISI for customer installations within their cloud video service Minerva YourTV Now. WISI’s Inca ABR transcoder provides telco and cable operators with cost and space savings.
News categories: Com Net Inc, WISI, Minerva Networks, Randy Plaisier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
Jul 19, 2019 – WISI has announced that the Inca Adaptive Bitrate Transcoder 3840, its OTT transcoder, is now an option for customers deploying the MOBITV CONNECT platform. The collaboration empowers cable operators to deploy next generation video experiences to consumers.
News categories: WISI, MOBITV, Robert Bell, Bill Routt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Harmonic and WISI partner on cable access
Jun 9, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and WISI Communications have announced a partnership to develop products that will allow operators to keep pace with requirements such as CCAP, DOCSIS 3.1 and Distributed Access Architecture with digital fiber transport.
News categories: Harmonic, WISI Communications, Nimrod Ben-Natan, Axel Sihn, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Worldwide
WISI and IP.NETCOM combine HbbTV with classical IPTV in hybrid Set-Top-Box
Jul 16, 2013 – WISI Communications and IP.NETCOM have announced a hybrid set top box (STB) that combines HbbTV via classical IPTV based on the ETSI DVB-IP standard.
News categories: WISI, IP.NETCOM, HbbTV, IPTV, Set Top Box
FRANSAT, Free DTT Via Satellite Offering, Launches across France
Jun 29, 2009 – Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) has announced the full commercial launch of FRANSAT, the new service giving satellite access in metropolitan France to all French free DTT (Digital Terrestrial Television) channels.
News categories: FRANSAT, Eutelsat, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Entropic Announces Channel Stacking Switch for Free-To-Air Satellite Market
May 19, 2009 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its next-generation Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been tapped by several OEMs for the large free-to-air (FTA) European satellite market.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Axing, Jultec, Unitron, Wisi, ANGA COM, Digital TV, DVR, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand