Digital TV News: WISI
WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
Feb 6, 2020 – Minerva Networks and Com Net Inc (CNI) have approved WISI for customer installations within their cloud video service Minerva YourTV Now. WISI’s Inca ABR transcoder provides telco and cable operators with cost and space savings.
News categories: Com Net Inc, WISI, Minerva Networks, Randy Plaisier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
Jul 19, 2019 – WISI has announced that the Inca Adaptive Bitrate Transcoder 3840, its OTT transcoder, is now an option for customers deploying the MOBITV CONNECT platform. The collaboration empowers cable operators to deploy next generation video experiences to consumers.
News categories: WISI, MOBITV, Robert Bell, Bill Routt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Harmonic and WISI partner on cable access
Jun 9, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and WISI Communications have announced a partnership to develop products that will allow operators to keep pace with requirements such as CCAP, DOCSIS 3.1 and Distributed Access Architecture with digital fiber transport.
News categories: Harmonic, WISI Communications, Nimrod Ben-Natan, Axel Sihn, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Worldwide
WISI and IP.NETCOM combine HbbTV with classical IPTV in hybrid Set-Top-Box
Jul 16, 2013 – WISI Communications and IP.NETCOM have announced a hybrid set top box (STB) that combines HbbTV via classical IPTV based on the ETSI DVB-IP standard.
News categories: WISI, IP.NETCOM, HbbTV, IPTV, Set Top Box
FRANSAT, Free DTT Via Satellite Offering, Launches across France
Jun 29, 2009 – Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) has announced the full commercial launch of FRANSAT, the new service giving satellite access in metropolitan France to all French free DTT (Digital Terrestrial Television) channels.
News categories: FRANSAT, Eutelsat, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Entropic Announces Channel Stacking Switch for Free-To-Air Satellite Market
May 19, 2009 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its next-generation Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been tapped by several OEMs for the large free-to-air (FTA) European satellite market.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Axing, Jultec, Unitron, Wisi, ANGA COM, Digital TV, DVR, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers