Digital TV News: Warner Bros
TVision concludes $16m investment round led by iSpot
Nov 15, 2022 – TVision has closed an investment round of $16m for the continued transformation and modernization of its person-level panel measurement. The round was led by iSpot along with continued support from SIG Capital, Accomplice, and Golden Ventures.
News categories: TVision, iSpot, Yan Liu, Sean Muller, Sean Cunningham, Kelly Abcarian, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Amagi raises over $100 million from General Atlantic
Nov 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced over $100 million in investment, inclusive of $80 million in primary capital, from global growth equity firm General Atlantic. The investment brings Amagi’s valuation to $1.4 billion.
News categories: Amagi, General Atlantic, Baskar Subramanian, Shantanu Rastogi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
Warner Bros. Discovery adds 2.8 million DTC subscribers in 3Q 2022
Nov 3, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2022. Total DTC subscribers were 94.9 million, an increase of 2.8 million global subscribers since the end of Q2. Global DTC ARPU was $7.52.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Digital TV, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Friend MTS receives investment from private equity firm NorthEdge
Sep 6, 2022 – Friend MTS has announced a significant investment by private equity firm NorthEdge. The investment will enable Friend MTS to expand its portfolio of video content security SaaS solutions and deliver technology to its core markets of sports and media.
News categories: Friend MTS, NorthEdge, Jonathan Friend, Jon Pickering, Content Protection, Digital TV, Private Equity, Worldwide
HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
Aug 15, 2022 – KPN has announced that, from September, its customers will be able to add an HBO Max subscription to their KPN Internet, TV or Mobile subscription, making HBO Max available to 3.6 million Dutch households.
News categories: KPN, Warner Bros. Discovery, HBO Max, Jochem de Jong, Guillaume Coffin, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming
Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
Aug 8, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery and DISH Network have announced that discovery+ will be available to both SLING TV and DISH TV customers. The platform launched 70,000+ episodes of premium content on SLING starting August 8 followed by DISH on August 25.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, SLING TV, DISH Network, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Gary Schanman, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Pay TV and paid video content continue to grow in Germany
Jul 20, 2022 – The market for pay TV and paid video content is continuing to grow not just in Germany, but also in Austria and Switzerland. This is confirmed by a report published by VAUNET, the German Media Association.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Hannes Heyelmann, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Switzerland
Professional Triathletes Organisation to launch D2C platform with Endeavor Streaming
Jul 19, 2022 – The Professional Triathletes Organisation (PTO) has partnered with Endeavor Streaming to launch PTO+. The OTT platform will launch as a free service aimed at maximizing audience engagement for the PTO's flagship events.
News categories: Endeavor Streaming, Professional Triathletes Organisation, Pete Bellamy, Tim Godfrey, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Play Group acquires 92.5% of Redge Technologies
Jul 7, 2022 – The Play Group (part of iliad) has acquired 92.5% of Redge Technologies. The residual 7.5% remains with Przemysław Frasunek, CEO and Co-Founder of the company. In 2021, Redge Technologies had revenues in excess of €7.5 million.
News categories: Redge Technologies, Play Group, Przemysław Frasunek, Tomasz Potapczuk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, MandA, Poland, Streaming
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management