Digital TV News: Warner Bros
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, OTT, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
HBO Max launches on Roku devices
Dec 16, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and WarnerMedia have announced that from December 17, Roku users will be able to download HBO Max from the Roku channel store and subscribe directly on their Roku device.
News categories: Roku, WarnerMedia, Scott Rosenberg, Tony Goncalves, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Internet playing even more dominant role in US entertainment consumption
Dec 10, 2020 – The second wave of Hub's 'Predicting the Pandemic' study shows how the pandemic has accelerated the well-established shift to online consumption of entertainment content across multiple facets of the leisure economy.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
HBO Max available on Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets
Nov 16, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will begin rolling out on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire tablets on Tuesday, November 17. HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming offering.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Amazon, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, Marc Whitten, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, USA
WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
Oct 20, 2020 – AT&T and WarnerMedia have announced that select GM drivers will have access to WarnerMedia RIDE, offering video content on smartphones or tablets connected to AT&T-powered in-car Wi-Fi hotspots.
News categories: WarnerMedia, AT&T, General Motors, Barry Loudis, Sarita Rao, Santiago Chamorro, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, OTT, USA
Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
Oct 15, 2020 – Tata Elxsi has announced its selection as a 3PL certification partner for Google Widevine, to deliver secure premium content protection for Broadcast, Media, Consumer Electronics and Automotive applications.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Widevine, Nitin Pai, Brian Baker, Content Protection, OTT, Worldwide
Movies Anywhere now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Jun 23, 2020 – VIZIO has added the MOVIES ANYWHERE app to its SmartCast TV platform. MOVIES ANYWHERE offers a way for users to access movies purchased across platforms and digital retailer accounts, all in one place.
News categories: VIZIO, Movies Anywhere, Mike O'Donnel, Karin Gilford, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
HBO Max to launch on May 27th
Apr 21, 2020 – WarnerMedia's streaming platform HBO Max will launch on May 27th. With 10,000 hours of curated premium content, HBO Max will bring together HBO, third-party programs and movies, and content from Warner Media's library.
News categories: HBO Max, WarnerMedia, Kevin Reilly, Sarah Aubrey, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online