Digital TV News: Windstream
MOBITV adds $50m in funding
Jul 1, 2019 – MOBITV has closed over $50M in funding from Oak Investment Partners, Ally Financial, and Cedar Grove Partners. The funding will be used to accelerate the growth of the company’s international footprint, while it continues to strengthen the MOBITV CONNECT platform for Pay TV operators.
News categories: MOBITV, Oak Investment Partners, Charlie Nooney, Bandel Carano, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Windstream launches app-based Kinetic TV in Nebraska
Apr 4, 2019 – Windstream has announced the introduction of its own app-based television product, Kinetic TV, its answer to Lincoln consumers’ demand for network entertainment and local channels, and the freedom and flexibility to watch TV when and where they wish.
News categories: Windstream, MOBITV, Brad Hedrick, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream files for Chapter 11
Feb 25, 2019 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) has announced that the Company and all of its subsidiaries have filed voluntary petitions for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
News categories: Windstream, Tony Thomas, Digital TV, Finance, IPTV, USA
Windstream and MOBITV partner to launch app-based Kinetic TV
Feb 6, 2019 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) and MOBITV have announced plans the launch of an app-based television service, Kinetic TV, which will enable Windstream’s residential customers to access content when and where they want it.
News categories: Windstream, MOBITV, Jeff Small, Charlie Nooney, Apps, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
U.S. subscriber declines spreading from voice to TV, broadband
Dec 6, 2016 – Ovum has released 3Q16 subscriber growth figures for fixed voice, fixed broadband, and pay TV for the US. Ovum notes that a triple cord-cutting threat – the loss of subscribers in all three core fixed services – continues to loom.
News categories: Ovum, Kristin Paulin, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
Windstream launches Kinetic TV service in North Carolina
Nov 10, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has announced that Kinetic, Windstream’s next-generation television service, is available in 13 North Carolina communities. More than 50,000 residents can now sign up for the television service.
News categories: Windstream, Sarah Day, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream applies to bring its Kinetic TV service to North Carolina
Aug 25, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has submitted a formal bid on a cable TV franchise agreement with the North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State to bring its Kinetic television service to more than 50,000 homes, primarily across 13 North Carolina communities.
News categories: Windstream, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Windstream expands Kinetic TV into Texas
Feb 4, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) has announced that Kinetic, Windstream’s television service, will launch in Sugar Land, Texas in the second quarter of 2016. The service will be available to more than 30,000 homes in the area.
News categories: Windstream, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream to offer Kinetic TV in a second U.S. market
Oct 9, 2015 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has received approval from the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government for a cable TV franchise agreement that will bring its Kinetic television service to the homes of more than 50,000 Lexington, Kentucky residents.
News categories: Windstream, Sarah Day, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising