Digital TV News: WitsView
Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
May 21, 2020 – According to TrendForce, global TV shipments are expected to undergo a 5.8% decrease YoY and reach 205.21 million units in 2020. In the shrinking TV market, brands are vying for business growth by demonstrating their technical superiority.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV panel shipments projected to drop 7.1% YoY in Q2
Apr 16, 2020 – According to TrendForce, TV panel shipments were up 16.4% month-on-month in March. In Q2 2020, factors influencing the TV panel industry will shift towards the demand side of the TV market.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Pandemic-induced decline in display driver IC demand temporarily alleviates tight supply
Apr 13, 2020 – According to TrendForce, disappointing 1Q20 shipments by panel manufacturers, combined with continued acceleration of the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe and the U.S., resulted in a reduction of proposed TV panel purchases in 2Q20 by several major TV brands.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
Mar 27, 2020 – In Q1 2020, the TV industry was under pressure both on the production and demand sides. TrendForce has reduced its expectation of global shipments for Q1 2020 to 44.6 million units, down by 8.6% from the pre-COVID-19 prediction.
News categories: TrendForce, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
Mar 24, 2020 – According to TrendForce, monthly TV panel shipments decreased by 3.5% MoM in February, reaching 20.073 million units. The COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on labor, logistics, and material supply remains a gradual process.
News categories: TrendForce, China, COVID-19, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
Nov 27, 2019 – Analysis from TrendForce shows that global TV shipments in 3Q19 reached 54.97 million units, a 16.8% growth QoQ and 1.9% decline YoY. Double 11 in China and year-end festivities in Europe and the Americas have required companies to stock up.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
2019 flat-panel display driver IC shipments exhibit negative growth
Oct 29, 2019 – According to WitsView, reduced panel shipments are causing the demand for flat-panel display driver ICs to undergo a corresponding decline. 2019 YoY growth is projected to be -3.2% - the first instance of negative growth in recent years.
News categories: TrendForce, Julian Lee, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV Panel makers cut capacity to reduce losses
Oct 7, 2019 – According to WitsView, Korean, Taiwanese and Chinese panel makers have all started to lower their utilization rates for TV panel products from September on, in order to improve severely unbalanced supply and demand, and stabilize prices.
News categories: WitsView, Anita Wang, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan
Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
Jul 11, 2019 – According to WitsView, prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels are unlikely to stop falling in 3Q19, mainly due to the trade war that raged on in 2Q. Some LCD brands have already stocked up beforehand and there are raised inventory levels of completed devices in North America.
News categories: TrendForce, Anita Wang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management