Digital TV News: WitsView
Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
May 21, 2020 – According to TrendForce, global TV shipments are expected to undergo a 5.8% decrease YoY and reach 205.21 million units in 2020. In the shrinking TV market, brands are vying for business growth by demonstrating their technical superiority.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV panel shipments projected to drop 7.1% YoY in Q2
Apr 16, 2020 – According to TrendForce, TV panel shipments were up 16.4% month-on-month in March. In Q2 2020, factors influencing the TV panel industry will shift towards the demand side of the TV market.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Pandemic-induced decline in display driver IC demand temporarily alleviates tight supply
Apr 13, 2020 – According to TrendForce, disappointing 1Q20 shipments by panel manufacturers, combined with continued acceleration of the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe and the U.S., resulted in a reduction of proposed TV panel purchases in 2Q20 by several major TV brands.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
Mar 27, 2020 – In Q1 2020, the TV industry was under pressure both on the production and demand sides. TrendForce has reduced its expectation of global shipments for Q1 2020 to 44.6 million units, down by 8.6% from the pre-COVID-19 prediction.
News categories: TrendForce, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
Mar 24, 2020 – According to TrendForce, monthly TV panel shipments decreased by 3.5% MoM in February, reaching 20.073 million units. The COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on labor, logistics, and material supply remains a gradual process.
News categories: TrendForce, China, COVID-19, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
Nov 27, 2019 – Analysis from TrendForce shows that global TV shipments in 3Q19 reached 54.97 million units, a 16.8% growth QoQ and 1.9% decline YoY. Double 11 in China and year-end festivities in Europe and the Americas have required companies to stock up.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
2019 flat-panel display driver IC shipments exhibit negative growth
Oct 29, 2019 – According to WitsView, reduced panel shipments are causing the demand for flat-panel display driver ICs to undergo a corresponding decline. 2019 YoY growth is projected to be -3.2% - the first instance of negative growth in recent years.
News categories: TrendForce, Julian Lee, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV Panel makers cut capacity to reduce losses
Oct 7, 2019 – According to WitsView, Korean, Taiwanese and Chinese panel makers have all started to lower their utilization rates for TV panel products from September on, in order to improve severely unbalanced supply and demand, and stabilize prices.
News categories: WitsView, Anita Wang, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan
Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
Jul 11, 2019 – According to WitsView, prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels are unlikely to stop falling in 3Q19, mainly due to the trade war that raged on in 2Q. Some LCD brands have already stocked up beforehand and there are raised inventory levels of completed devices in North America.
News categories: TrendForce, Anita Wang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand