Digital TV News: XUMO
Amagi secures over $100m of funding
Sep 10, 2021 – Amagi has announced that Accel, Avataar Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, and existing investor Premji Invest have collectively invested over $100 million in the company. The funds have bought out the stake held by Emerald Media and Mayfield India. Nadathur Holdings continues as an existing investor.
News categories: Amagi, Baskar Subramanian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
More than half of U.S. adult broadband users watch FAST services on TV
Aug 19, 2021 – TDG estimates that six-in-ten connected TV households now watch a free ad-supported streaming service on TV. YouTube remains the dominant FVOD provider, with FAST services such as Pluto TV and IMDb enjoying growing audiences.
News categories: TDG Research, Doug Montgomery, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
Mar 4, 2021 – Amagi has launched Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress for content owners who are looking to create 24x7 linear channels and distribute them to streaming TV and Free Ad Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Amagi, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
Mar 2, 2021 – SpotX has announced a partnership with Crackle Plus to serve as a primary supply-side platform (SSP) to power the video monetization of Crackle Plus inventory across both existing and new distribution channels.
News categories: SpotX, Crackle, Mike Laband, Darren Olive, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Magnite to acquire SpotX from RTL
Feb 5, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has agreed to acquire SpotX from RTL Group for $1.17 billion. Together, the companies will create the largest independent CTV and video advertising platform in the programmatic marketplace.
News categories: Magnite, SpotX, RTL Group, Michael Barrett, Mike Shehan, Thomas Rabe, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
Nov 18, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it has enabled BUZZR to transition to cloud-managed broadcast operations. BUZZR has integrated its broadcast workflows, across over-the-air, cable and OTT, onto a single unified platform.
News categories: Amagi, BUZZR, Srinivasan KA, Mark Deetjen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Vevo added to NetRange Smart TV app store
Nov 17, 2020 – Vevo and NetRange have announced a collaboration to widen access to Vevo’s music video service to Smart TVs in nearly a dozen countries powered by the NetRange Smart TV App Store.
News categories: NetRange, Vevo, Tim Schröeder, Rob Christensen, Apps, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amagi to power Crackle Plus linear channels on FAST platforms
Nov 9, 2020 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a collaboration between Crackle Plus and Amagi to power the linear channel experience for Crackle, Popcornflix and other channels on a growing list of Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Crackle Plus, Amagi, Philippe Guelton, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Qwest TV partners with Amagi for connected TV distribution
Jun 24, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Qwest TV – the largest VOD catalogue dedicated to jazz, soul, funk, classical and world music - has partnered with Amagi to distribute and monetize its music content to CTV platforms.
News categories: Amagi, Qwest TV, Srinivasan KA, Réza Ackbaraly, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes