Digital TV News: Xperi
TIGO deploys TiVo IPTV platform across Latin America
Oct 6, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has deployed its IPTV platform at TIGO in Latin America. TIGO ONEtv subscribers will now be able to find, watch and enjoy content via TiVo's user interface, across all their devices.
News categories: Xperi, TIGO, Matt Milne, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, UX
Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
Sep 23, 2021 – DTS (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Vestel has gained DTS:X certification for their new range of TVs. DTS:X for TV is an immersive audio solution designed for single and dual-core TV SoC architectures.
News categories: DTS, Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Gabriel Cosgrave, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
TiVo extends product and patent agreement with Panasonic
Aug 11, 2021 – Panasonic has signed an extension to its TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) product licences, including G-Guide, G-Guide HTML and G-Guide xD, for its TV, DVR and set-top box products targeting the Japan market.
News categories: Xperi, Panasonic, Matt Milne, Digital TV, Japan, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UX
Xperi announces second quarter 2021 results
Aug 3, 2021 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021. During the quarter Xperi signed a license agreement with Hotwire Communications for the TiVo IPTV platform.
News categories: Xperi, Hotwire Communications, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, Patent, Results, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Converge launches VISION home entertainment service in the Philippines
Jul 30, 2021 – In partnership with Pacific Kabelnet (PKN), Converge has introduced an add-on service called VISION in the Philippines. VISION comes with an STB called Xperience Box - a full Android, all-in-one entertainment device.
News categories: Converge ICT, Jesus C. Romero, Dennis Anthony H. Uy, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
TiVo to provide TV viewership data to Horizon Media
Jul 13, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has entered into an agreement for Horizon Media to access its TV viewership data. The data is used by Horizon to drive improved outcomes in media planning, buying, digital retargeting, and measurement.
News categories: Xperi, Horizon Media, Fariba Zamaniyan, Laura McElhinney, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
Jun 15, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that it has signed an agreement with the NCTC, giving NCTC members the opportunity to continue to receive the MobiTV IPTV service, now owned and operated by TiVo.
News categories: Xperi, NCTC, Jeffrey Glahn, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
Jun 9, 2021 – Viant Technology (NASDAQ: DSP) has entered into a license agreement with TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER), integrating TiVo’s linear TV viewership data feed into Viant's Adelphic advertising software.
News categories: Viant, TiVo, Jon Schulz, Fariba Zamaniyan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
May 12, 2021 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that its subsidiary TiVo Corporation has been selected as the successful bidder at auction to acquire the assets of MobiTV, in connection with MobiTV's Chapter 11 bankruptcy process.
News categories: Xperi, MobiTV, TiVo, Jon Kirchner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, USA
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors