Digital TV News: Xperi
AVOD now accounts for 32% of video services used by North American consumers
Oct 27, 2022 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) finds that the average number of video services used by consumers is approaching double-digits for the first time in history, up to an average of 9.86 video services from 8.8 a year ago.
News categories: TiVo, Walt Horstman, Michael Goodman, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, USA
Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
Oct 3, 2022 – Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER) has completed its first day of trading as an independent company. Each stockholder of the Company’s predecessor (now known as “Adeia”) received a distribution of four shares of Xperi Common Stock for every ten shares of common stock of Adeia.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Xperi shows TiVo OS, plus pay TV and Vewd solutions for operators, at IBC
Sep 9, 2022 – At IBC 2022, Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced solutions for pay-TV operators that combine the best of TiVo OS and Vewd, establishing Xperi as a leading independent media platform for Smart TVs, connected cars and pay-TV operators.
News categories: Xperi, Gabriel Cosgrave, Chris Ambrozic, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Xperi brings Vewd cloud-managed UX to Android TV with Evoca
Sep 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced the launch of Vewd OpX for Android TV Operator Tier. With this version, Vewd OpX, a cloud-managed STB UX integrating Pay-TV services with OTT content, is made available as a custom launcher and TV app for Android TV Operator Tier STBs.
News categories: Xperi, Evoca, Sascha Prüter, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
Xperi launches TiVo OS with Vestel as first OEM partner
Aug 31, 2022 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced the launch of its independent media platform, TiVo OS. Consumer electronics leader Vestel will ship the first smart TVs Powered by TiVo™ in Europe beginning in 2023.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
DTS Play-Fi wireless audio launching on Vestel and Philips TVs
Aug 31, 2022 – At IFA, attendees will be able to see Vestel's first DTS Play-Fi enabled TVs. In addition, DTS Play-Fi Home Theater for TVs is coming to Philips’ OLED+937, OLED807, and PUS8807 'The One' TV lines.
News categories: DTS, Dannie Lau, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Smart Home, Smart TV
Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
Aug 3, 2022 – Simulmedia has renewed its partnership with TiVo which will help ensure that Simulmedia’s TV+ platform continues to provide marketers with audience planning, targeting and activation capabilities across ad-supported channels in the U.S.
News categories: Simulmedia, TiVo, Dave Morgan, Fariba Zamaniyan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Vecima expands IPTV footprint at Blue Ridge Communications
Jun 2, 2022 – Vecima has expanded its MediaScale IP Video Streaming footprint at Blue Ridge Communications. The Vecima platform is being scaled to handle additional subscribers on the TiVo-fueled Blue Ridge experience and improve delivery of video traffic.
News categories: Vecima, Blue Ridge, TiVo, Dan Gledhill, Mark Maisenheimer, Jeff Glahn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire