Digital TV News: Xperi
Average number of video services used by US consumers now in double digits
Mar 1, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) finds that the average number of video services used by U.S. consumers now exceeds double-digits, up to an average of 11.6 video services from 8.9 a year ago.
News categories: Xperi, Scott Maddux, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
TiVo Managed IPTV Service gains Amino set-top box support
Jan 5, 2023 – Amino has integrated its Android TV operator tier set-top box with the TiVo Managed IPTV Service (formerly MobiTV) providing a managed device alternative in support of TiVo's North American customers.
News categories: Amino, TiVo, Donald McGarva, CES2023, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
Garmin unveils Unified Cabin Experience at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) will demonstrate its in-cabin solutions for automotive at CES 2023. A camera identifies each passenger, enabling occupants to enjoy personalized entertainment options including games and streaming video platforms.
News categories: Garmin, Matt Munn, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Vestel unveils 'Powered by TiVo' Smart TVs at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (XPER: NYSE) and Vestel have announced that as part of a multi-country agreement, the first Powered by TiVo smart TVs are expected to ship as early as spring 2023, featuring chipsets from MediaTek.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, David Purdy, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Turkey, TV OS
TiVo OS integrated with Amlogic Smart TV chipsets
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (NYSE: XPER), a subsidiary of Xperi (NYSE: XPER), and Amlogic have announced that they have pre-integrated TiVo OS on Amlogic's T962D4 and T950D4 chipsets for the U.S. and European markets.
News categories: TiVo, Amlogic, Benjamin Maughan, James Xie, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
AVOD now accounts for 32% of video services used by North American consumers
Oct 27, 2022 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) finds that the average number of video services used by consumers is approaching double-digits for the first time in history, up to an average of 9.86 video services from 8.8 a year ago.
News categories: TiVo, Walt Horstman, Michael Goodman, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, USA
Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
Oct 3, 2022 – Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER) has completed its first day of trading as an independent company. Each stockholder of the Company’s predecessor (now known as “Adeia”) received a distribution of four shares of Xperi Common Stock for every ten shares of common stock of Adeia.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Xperi shows TiVo OS, plus pay TV and Vewd solutions for operators, at IBC
Sep 9, 2022 – At IBC 2022, Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced solutions for pay-TV operators that combine the best of TiVo OS and Vewd, establishing Xperi as a leading independent media platform for Smart TVs, connected cars and pay-TV operators.
News categories: Xperi, Gabriel Cosgrave, Chris Ambrozic, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Xperi brings Vewd cloud-managed UX to Android TV with Evoca
Sep 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced the launch of Vewd OpX for Android TV Operator Tier. With this version, Vewd OpX, a cloud-managed STB UX integrating Pay-TV services with OTT content, is made available as a custom launcher and TV app for Android TV Operator Tier STBs.
News categories: Xperi, Evoca, Sascha Prüter, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania