Digital TV News: Xperi
TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
Sep 26, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) has found that the average number of streaming services used by consumers in the US and Canada decreased from 11.6 in Q4 2022 to 10.9 in Q2 2023.
News categories: TiVo, Scott Maddux, Advertising, Broadcast, Canada, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
TiVo releases first UK Video Trends Report
Sep 14, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) from its UK Video Trends Report reveals that almost half of all UK consumers have not reduced their video spending due to increases in the cost of living.
News categories: Xperi, Gabriel Cosgrave, Digital TV, IBC2023, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX
Project launched to improve entertainment metadata management and delivery
Sep 13, 2023 – Fabric is collaborating with IMDb, FOX, Paramount, ITV, EIDR and Xperi on the Authenticated Data Specification (ADS) Accelerator Project, aiming to improve the management and delivery of accurate metadata for content.
News categories: Fabric, Tuncay Pervaz, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
Vestel TiVo-powered Smart TVs expected for this year's holiday season
Aug 30, 2023 – At IFA 2023, Xperi (NYSE: XPER) will demonstrate its platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to engage their audience, regardless of whether it is through a smart TV or in the car.
News categories: Xperi, IDC, Jon Kirchner, Greg Ireland, Digital TV, IFABerlin, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Xperi signs third Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS
Aug 9, 2023 – In its 2nd quarter 2023 results Xperi (NYSE: XPER) announced it has signed a third Smart TV OEM for its TiVo OS, and Sony has agreed to deploy Xperi's content search-and-discovery web browser on its TVs.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Digital TV, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
Sharp to launch smart TVs integrating TiVo's operating system
Aug 9, 2023 – TiVo (NYSE:XPER) and Sharp have announced that Sharp is to launch smart TVs integrated with TiVo's operating system. The first TVs are expected to ship in 2024 starting in Europe.
News categories: Xperi, Sharp Corp, Jon Kirchner, Nick Chen, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Smart TV, TV OS
Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
Jun 6, 2023 – IAB Tech Lab has announced the creation of its Advanced TV Commit Group to lead the development of technology frameworks, technical standards and market strategy, to make every TV environment addressable.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Ben Vandegrift, Jim Keller, Karen Chan, Ryan McConville, Scott L Brown, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
May 24, 2023 – Xperi (NYSE: XPER) has announced that BMW has selected TiVo's video media platform to provide customers with access to video content, including linear and on demand streaming services.
News categories: Xperi, BMW, Jon Kirchner, Ingo Lasslop, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Xperi signs second top-10 Smart TV OEM for TiVo OS
May 9, 2023 – Xperi (NYSE: XPER) has announced results for the period ended March 31, 2023. In the quarter Xperi signed an agreement with a second top-10 Smart TV OEM to integrate the TiVo Operating System (TiVo OS) into their TV lineup.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, In-Car, IPTV, Results, Smart TV, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029