Digital TV News: ZEE5
Dish TV India launches one-stop OTT entertainment platform
Oct 31, 2022 – Dish TV's Watcho offers packages of the most popular OTT platforms - Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, Sony LIV, Lionsgate Play, Hungama Play, HoiChoi, Klikk, EpicOn, Chaupal, and Oho Gujarati - via a single login and subscription model.
News categories: Watcho, Dish TV India, Sukhpreet Singh, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
Oct 4, 2022 – The Competition Commission of India has approved the amalgamation of Zee Entertainment and Bangla Entertainment with Culver Max Entertainment (provider of the SonyLIV service), with conditions.
News categories: Competition Commission of Indi, Zee Entertainment, SonyLIV, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming
ACT Fibernet launches OTT aggregation platform, YuppTV Scope
Aug 25, 2022 – ACT Fibernet has launched an OTT aggregation service with YuppTV. YuppTV Scope is a single-subscription OTT streaming platform with an extensive bouquet of live TV channels, that removes the need to access and manage multiple apps.
News categories: YuppTV, ACT Fibernet, Uday Reddy, Ravi Karthik, Digital TV, India, Streaming
ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
Sep 14, 2021 – CSG (NASDAQ: CSGS) has announced that, using CSG's platform, ZEE5 has integrated its customer data into a single, unified platform that enables a data-driven approach to creating personalized customer experiences.
News categories: CSG, ZEE5, Ian Watterson, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
Jul 29, 2021 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its Think360 cloud-based personalized content discovery and viewer engagement platform is now live on Tata Sky's Binge Fire TV Stick service and Binge mobile app.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Tata Sky, Peter Docherty, Pallavi Puri, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Streaming, UX
ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
Jun 10, 2021 – ZEE5 is to launch in the United States on June 22. The platform is currently under beta testing in the market. The U.S. is the final and largest launch for ZEE5, in a market with a ready 5.4 million diaspora audience.
News categories: ZEE5, Amit Goenka, Archana Anand, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
May 5, 2021 – At the Asia Video Industry Association's (AVIA) Future of Video India conference, industry leaders remained upbeat on the potential for growth despite a painful 2020 which had seen a 25% drop in TV advertising revenue.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Sunil Rayan, Megha Tata, Monika Shergill, Nimisha Pandey, Digital TV, India, Market Research
GCC video industry revenue to reach US$2 billion by 2025
Dec 7, 2020 – Media Partners Asia has published its first report on the Middle East region. The report provides analysis of the current state and future outlook for telecoms, online video and pay-TV industries across the GCC countries.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Bahrain, COVID-19, Digital TV, Kuwait, Market Research, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
Nov 30, 2020 – ZEE5 has announced that it has on-boarded XroadMedia’s back-end solution, Ncanto, to support multiple content discovery, recommendation and personalization use-cases for its VOD and social media users.
News categories: XroadMedia, ZEE5, Adolf Proidl, Rajneel Kumar, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars