Digital TV News: ZEE5
Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
May 23, 2023 – Astro has added WeTV, a streaming service from Tencent, to its Ultra Box. Astro customers can access the entertainment content by adding WeTV VIP to their Astro subscription.
News categories: Astro, WeTV, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
MPA releases India online video report 2022-23
May 17, 2023 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has released a report, based on data from its AMPD platform, that provides insights on the growing online video industry in India over the calendar year 2022 and Q1 2023.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
OTTplay Premium brings 19 OTTs to Jio set-top box users
May 8, 2023 – OTTplay Premium has announced a partnership with Jio Fiber that will enable Jio set-top box users to access 19 OTTs, including Sony Liv, Zee5, Lionsgate and FanCode, through the OTTplay app.
News categories: OTTplay, Jio, Avinash Mudaliar, Apps, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box, Streaming
ZEE5 selects NAGRA Active Streaming Protection
Apr 11, 2023 – ZEE5 has selected Active Streaming Protection from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S). The multi-DRM session management solution has the added benefit of built-in security monitoring and analytics.
News categories: NAGRA, ZEE5, Stéphane Le Dreau, Kishore AK, Big Data, Digital TV, DRM, India, Streaming, Worldwide
ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
Mar 23, 2023 – Astro has added ZEE5 and Viu to its Ultra and Ulti Boxes, bringing in more global entertainment to customers' homes and devices, and expanding the number of streaming apps on the platform to ten.
News categories: Astro, ZEE5, Viu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Viu app comes to Astro's Ultra Box
Mar 10, 2023 – Astro has expanded its streaming service, adding the Viu app to its platform. Astro customers can now access Viu on multi-screens, including on its Ultra Box.
News categories: Astro, Viu, Agnes Rozario, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Dish TV India launches one-stop OTT entertainment platform
Oct 31, 2022 – Dish TV's Watcho offers packages of the most popular OTT platforms - Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, Sony LIV, Lionsgate Play, Hungama Play, HoiChoi, Klikk, EpicOn, Chaupal, and Oho Gujarati - via a single login and subscription model.
News categories: Watcho, Dish TV India, Sukhpreet Singh, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
Oct 4, 2022 – The Competition Commission of India has approved the amalgamation of Zee Entertainment and Bangla Entertainment with Culver Max Entertainment (provider of the SonyLIV service), with conditions.
News categories: Competition Commission of Indi, Zee Entertainment, SonyLIV, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming
ACT Fibernet launches OTT aggregation platform, YuppTV Scope
Aug 25, 2022 – ACT Fibernet has launched an OTT aggregation service with YuppTV. YuppTV Scope is a single-subscription OTT streaming platform with an extensive bouquet of live TV channels, that removes the need to access and manage multiple apps.
News categories: YuppTV, ACT Fibernet, Uday Reddy, Ravi Karthik, Digital TV, India, Streaming
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data