Digital TV News: Zodiac
Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
Jun 24, 2021 – Zodiac has integrated Agama's client device monitoring system into its Stack software for STBs and Android Smart TVs. The solution provides tools to monitor video and data quality, and customer usage.
News categories: Agama, Zodiac, Orion Innovation, Mikael Dahlgren, Bart Vanderostyne, Derek Harrar, Raj Patil, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Orion acquires Zodiac Systems
Jun 8, 2020 – Orion Innovation has announced the acquisition of Zodiac Systems. Zodiac provides advanced cloud and device software and engineering services for Tier 1 media and telecom operators globally.
News categories: Orion Innovation, Zodiac Systems, One Equity Partners, Raj Patil, Digital TV, MandA, Software, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca joins with Zodiac Systems to enable services on legacy STBs
Sep 6, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has partnered with Zodiac Systems to offer a joint solution making it easier and more cost-effective for TV operators to deploy VO's cloud-hosted TVaaS and Service Delivery Platform (SDP) with existing legacy STBs.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Zodiac Systems, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Derek Harrar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
Jun 19, 2019 – The SaT5G project has announced the operation of a number of successful demonstrations of 5G over satellite at the 2019 European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC 2019) in Valencia, Spain.
News categories: SaT5G, Mike Fitch, Indran Sivarajah, 5G, Content Distribution, Satellite, Spain, Worldwide
Zodiac partners with MediaKind
Sep 13, 2018 – Zodiac has announced that it has partnered with MediaKind. Zodiac’s software platform enables MediaKind’s MediaFirst TV user experience (UX) to run on any digital set-top box, new or old, via a software update only and with no need for a truckroll.
News categories: Zodiac, MediaKind, Rich Neill, Gowton Achaibar, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
ActiveVideo and Zodiac combine to provide Cloud-delivered user experiences
Sep 12, 2017 – Zodiac Interactive and ActiveVideo have partnered on a joint solution that will enable pay-TV operators of all sizes to provide next generation user experiences and new premium services on any installed set-top box.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, ActiveVideo, Cable Bahamas, Brandon Brown, Jeff Miller, David Burrows, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Two-in-five Pay TV households to have STB apps by 2019
Feb 28, 2014 – In 2013 ABI Research estimates one out of every ten pay TV households had access to applications on the set-top box. By 2019 nearly 40% of pay TV households should have access to similar services and features.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Michael Inouye, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics outlines product portfolio for US cable
Jan 3, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced its product offering for the US cable market including all of the ingredients required from broadband access to Ultra HD multi-screen video processing and home connectivity.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Zodiac's EBIF Plays With Everyone
Jan 18, 2010 – Zodiac Interactive has announced that its EBIF (Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format) player is successfully operating using applications from multiple vendors and development environments within the cable iTV ecosystem.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management