Digital TV News: castLabs
AWS Elemental video processing selected by NOWO for OTT
Aug 17, 2017 – Amazon Web Services has announced that NOWO has selected video processing solutions from AWS Elemental to power a unified headend delivering its digital cable and over-the-top (OTT) video services.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, NOWO, John Nemeth, Ana Maria Teixeira, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, TV Everywhere
NOWO delivers OTT video with castLabs multi-DRM and video player
Jul 25, 2017 – castLabs has announced a collaboration with Portuguese cable operator NOWO to facilitate multiscreen delivery of both live and VOD DRM-protected content for the NOWO TV App.
News categories: castLabs, NOWO, Michael Stattmann, Ana Maria Teixeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, DRM, IBC, Media Player, Mobile, Portugal, Set Top Box
Molotov deploys castLabs multi-DRM in France
May 9, 2017 – castLabs has announced a partnership with Molotov. Delivering secure live and video-on-demand content across a wide number of devices including Apple TV and Android TV, Molotov needed to provide support for relevant major DRM technologies.
News categories: castLabs, Molotov, Michael Stattmann, Thomas Sangouard, Digital TV, DRM, France, IBC, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming
MEDIALAAN selects castLabs multi-screen playback technology
May 4, 2017 – castLabs has announced that it is supplying its multi-platform player technology and cloud-based DRM licensing to enable secure streaming by MEDIALAAN, the Flemish commercial television broadcaster.
News categories: castLabs, MEDIALAAN, Michael Stattmann, Wim Notredame, Apps, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
You.i TV introduces out-of-the-box user experience platform
Dec 15, 2016 – You.i TV has announced You.i Engine One – a solution that enables media companies to halve the development effort involved in delivering VOD and TV Everywhere services across all form factors: phones, tablets and television screens.
News categories: You.i TV, Jason Flick, CES2022, Digital TV, Mobile, UX, Worldwide
Brightcove selects castLabs DRM licensing for media delivery security+
Sep 6, 2016 – castLabs has announced that it is supplying its DRMtoday digital rights management (DRM) licensing technology to enable secure content streaming as part of Brightcove’s media delivery platform.
News categories: castLabs, Brightcove, Michael Stattmann, Phil Costa, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC, Worldwide
castLabs Enables VUDU on Chromecast
Apr 29, 2014 – VUDU and castLabs have collaborated to bring VUDU's collection of the latest movies and TV to Google's Chromecastenabling customers to tap into their personal device's potential to send their VUDU content to their TV screens.
News categories: castLabs, VUDU, Michael Stattmann, Apps, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
castLabs announces first UltraViolet 1.1 player
Apr 1, 2014 – castLabs has announced the availability of the first UVPlayer supporting the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem's (DECE) latest UltraViolet 1.1 specification.
News categories: castLabs, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
UltraViolet Attracts More Than 750,000 Households in First Three Months
Jan 11, 2012 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has provided an update on the roll-out of UltraViolet™. Following the launch of an initial 19 UltraViolet-enabled titles, more than 750,000 households have registered with UltraViolet.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Blu-ray, CES2022, Content Protection, DVD, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil