Digital TV News: du
Link Net fixed broadband business to move to XL Axiata
Dec 6, 2023 – XL Axiata and Link Net have announced that they intend to transfer Link Net's fixed broadband business in Indonesia, including its 750,000 customers, to XL Axiata.
News categories: Axiata, Link Net, XL Axiata, Vivek Sood, Kanishka Wickrama, Dian Siswarini, Broadband, Fibre, Indonesia, MandA
World Archery partners with Joymo to upgrade Archery+ platform
Dec 8, 2023 – Joymo has secured a wide-ranging partnership with World Archery encompassing the development of its archery+ online streaming platform, and the digital broadcast of its marquee events.
News categories: Joymo, World Archery, Hannah Griffiths, Tom Dielen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 5, 2023 – Miami viewers can now access five more free OTA channels with NEXTGEN TV: WPLG-TV (ABC), WSVN-TV (FOX, TheGrio, and This TV), and WPLG has started broadcasting LOCAL 10 Plus.
News categories: Pearl TV, WPLG-TV, WSVN-TV, Anne Schelle, Bert Medina, Paul Magnes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
Dec 5, 2023 – Gracenote has announced an automotive data platform developed to grant automakers easy access to the company's entertainment datasets to power differentiated in-car media experiences.
News categories: Gracenote, Trent Wheeler, Big Data, CES2024, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
Nov 29, 2023 – Total telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong is expected to increase at a CAGR of 1.1% from $5.8 billion in 2022 to $6.1 billion in 2027, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Sarwat Zeeshan, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, TV Services
Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
Nov 29, 2023 – US cable and satellite pay-TV services are set to face subscription declines in the coming years as their remaining viewers increasingly shift to OTT streaming services, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Tammy Parker, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, USA
Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
Nov 28, 2023 – SVOD revenue in Japan is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.1% from $3.5 billion in 2022 to $6 billion in 2027, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
Nov 28, 2023 – Ateme has announced that it has powered contribution for NT, a telecommunications operator in Thailand, at numerous sports events throughout Asia and beyond over the last two years.
News categories: Ateme, NT, Duc Long Nguyen, Weeradej Seangudomchai, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Thailand
Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
Nov 28, 2023 – TrendForce's latest research indicates a decline in global TV shipments to 197 million units in 2023 - a YoY decrease of 2.1%. Samsung continues to lead in TV shipments this year.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Link Net fixed broadband business to move to XL Axiata
- World Archery partners with Joymo to upgrade Archery+ platform
- 20% of US internet households own a TV antenna, and 12% plan to buy one
- MetaBroadcast partners with Gracenote for Barb contract
- Amdocs research reveals streaming consumer expectations for 2024
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics