Digital TV News: iWedia
iWedia DVB stack certified on a Netflix Hailstorm STB platform
Feb 1, 2021 – iWedia has announced that its broadcast stack has been certified on a Hybrid Hailstorm operator STB. Hailstorm is a Netflix device scaling program aimed at speeding time to market and reducing engineering effort.
News categories: iWedia, Netflix, Krsto Lazic, Android TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
Sep 14, 2019 – iWedia has expanded its cooperation with Kaltura by providing set-top box (STB) software products, application development and integration services for Beeline Kazakhstan. At the heart of the STB, lies iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software.
News categories: iWedia, Kaltura, Beeline, Digital TV, IBC, Kazakhstan, Middleware, Set Top Box
iWedia provides software for True OTT service in Thailand
Sep 13, 2019 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products, application development and integration services to one of the biggest Thai operators, True, for the launch of its True ID TV OTT service.
News categories: iWedia, True Corp, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand, UX
iWedia provides STB software and integration services to NTT DOCOMO
Sep 17, 2018 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products and integration services to NTT DOCOMO for the launch of its brand 'Hikari TV for docomo' service. 'Hikari TV for docomo' gives access to a wide choice of linear HD and UHD TV channels.
News categories: iWedia, NTT DOCOMO, Sunghoon Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
iWedia releases web browser designed for TV devices
News categories: iWedia, Živko Radonjić, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Synaptics and partners launch turnkey Android TV STB solution
Sep 12, 2018 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that with partners it has developed a turnkey platform for the Android TV market. The solution consists of Synaptics’ multimedia processor SoCs and iWedia’s STB software on hardware from Tonly.
News categories: Synaptics, iWedia, Tonly, Huibert Verhoeven, Nikola Teslić, David Huang, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Kaltura powers Beeline TV Everywhere service
Sep 12, 2018 – Kaltura has revealed that its Kaltura TV Platform is powering the newly-launched Beeline TV service from VimpelCom in Russia. The Kaltura TV Platform gives VimpelCom the technology to replace its legacy pay TV service and reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, VimpelCom, Dr. Shay David, George Held, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
iWedia develops ABR media player optimized for live TV use
Sep 12, 2018 – iWedia has announced the release of an Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) media player optimized for live TV use cases. Developed and maintained in-house, Teatro ABR Media Player gives support to the latest versions of HLS and DASH.
News categories: iWedia, Krsto Lazić, Digital TV, IBC, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
iWedia to releases Operator Tier Android TV Launcher
Sep 11, 2018 – iWedia has announced the release of STAGE, an Operator Tier Android TV Launcher. STAGE provides a live TV oriented STB UI (service list, content list, zapping banner, EPG, PVR, etc.) and gives access to VoD & catch-up TV, apps and games, as well as to search, promotions, and recommendations.
News categories: iWedia, Dejan Popov Tapavicki, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020