Digital TV News: iWedia
iWedia launches ad insertion platform, ATSC 3.0 stack and more
Dec 15, 2021 – iWedia has made several additions to its technology offering including an ad insertion platform, a multiscreen UI/UX solution and an ATSC 3.0 broadcast stack, plus the integration of Widevine CAS into its DTV middleware.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Désor, Advertising, ATSC 3, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
iWedia integrates with Android 11 on Synaptics reference platform
May 19, 2021 – iWedia has integrated Android 11 with the latest Synaptics VS640 SoC. The joint offering combines a reference platform for Google and Netflix from Synaptics, with software components and integration services from iWedia.
News categories: iWedia, Synaptics, Sunghoon Kim, Siddarth Chandrasekar, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
iWedia DVB stack certified on a Netflix Hailstorm STB platform
Feb 1, 2021 – iWedia has announced that its broadcast stack has been certified on a Hybrid Hailstorm operator STB. Hailstorm is a Netflix device scaling program aimed at speeding time to market and reducing engineering effort.
News categories: iWedia, Netflix, Krsto Lazic, Android TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
Sep 14, 2019 – iWedia has expanded its cooperation with Kaltura by providing set-top box (STB) software products, application development and integration services for Beeline Kazakhstan. At the heart of the STB, lies iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software.
News categories: iWedia, Kaltura, Beeline, Digital TV, IBC2022, Kazakhstan, Middleware, Set Top Box
iWedia provides software for True OTT service in Thailand
Sep 13, 2019 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products, application development and integration services to one of the biggest Thai operators, True, for the launch of its True ID TV OTT service.
News categories: iWedia, True Corp, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Set Top Box, Streaming, Thailand, UX
iWedia provides STB software and integration services to NTT DOCOMO
Sep 17, 2018 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products and integration services to NTT DOCOMO for the launch of its brand 'Hikari TV for docomo' service. 'Hikari TV for docomo' gives access to a wide choice of linear HD and UHD TV channels.
News categories: iWedia, NTT DOCOMO, Sunghoon Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
iWedia releases web browser designed for TV devices
News categories: iWedia, Živko Radonjić, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Synaptics and partners launch turnkey Android TV STB solution
Sep 12, 2018 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that with partners it has developed a turnkey platform for the Android TV market. The solution consists of Synaptics’ multimedia processor SoCs and iWedia’s STB software on hardware from Tonly.
News categories: Synaptics, iWedia, Tonly, Huibert Verhoeven, Nikola Teslić, David Huang, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Kaltura powers Beeline TV Everywhere service
Sep 12, 2018 – Kaltura has revealed that its Kaltura TV Platform is powering the newly-launched Beeline TV service from VimpelCom in Russia. The Kaltura TV Platform gives VimpelCom the technology to replace its legacy pay TV service and reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, VimpelCom, Dr. Shay David, George Held, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market