Digital TV News: izzi
izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
Jun 29, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced that izzi is to build on its existing use of Verimatrix solutions with additional Verimatrix technologies to protect its iOS, Android and web streaming and Android set-top box services.
News categories: Verimatrix, izzi, Asaf Ashkenazi, Carlos Eduardo Romero, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, Streaming
Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
Sep 13, 2021 – Vubiquity (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced a multi-year renewal agreement with izzi, a leading cable TV operator in Mexico. As part of this agreement, Vubiquity will continue to provide content licensing and processing for the izzitv service.
News categories: Vubiquity, izzi, Anthony Goonetilleke, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
Televisa to merge media, content and production assets with Univision
Apr 13, 2021 – Grupo Televisa and Univision Holdings have agreed to combine Televisa’s content and media assets with Univision to create the largest Spanish-language media company in the world: Televisa-Univision.
News categories: Univision, Televisa, Wade Davis, Marcelo Claure, Emilio Azcárraga, Bernardo Gómez, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, USA
Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
Nov 19, 2020 – Mirada has integrated Disney+ into its Iris multiscreen product, with deployment on the izzi pay TV platform in Mexico. Customers can now access Disney+ directly on 'izzitv smart' without the need for a separate subscription.
News categories: Mirada, izzi, José Luis Vázquez, Salvi Folch, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box
izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
Oct 26, 2020 – Mirada has announced the commercial launch of its Android TV Operator Tier with custom launcher for Mexican operator, izzi. The launch extends izzi’s pay TV service to Android TV hybrid set-top boxes.
News categories: Mirada, izzi, José Luis Vázquez, Salvi Folch, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, UX
Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
Nov 18, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced results for the six months to 30 September 2019. izzi Telecom further increased its adoption of Mirada's technology during the period, with a high increase in both the installation rate of STBs and number of households using Mirada products.
News categories: Mirada, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
Jul 17, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has integrated Netflix into its Iris multiscreen product, with a first deployment at izzi in Mexico. The integration adds to the other third-party content provider integrations that Mirada currently offers, such as Fox Play and HBO Go.
News categories: Mirada, Netflix, José-Luis Vázquez, Apps, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
Jul 11, 2019 – Mirada plc (AIM: MIRA) has announced results for the year ended 31 March 2019. The Company is advancing its operational and commercial capabilities, demonstrated by Mirada's involvement in three simultaneous deployments in the year.
News categories: Mirada, Jose Luis Vazquez, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
Mirada plc year-end trading update
Apr 29, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has provided a trading update for the financial year ended 31 March 2019 ahead its results announcement. The company expects revenues to be above its initial expectations, driven in part by izzi Telecom and its successful deployment of Mirada’s Iris multiscreen solution.
News categories: Mirada, izzi Telecom, Jose Luis Vazquez, Bermuda, Bolivia, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Mongolia, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution