Digital TV News: upc cablecom
One millionth Horizon customers for upc cablecom
Feb 20, 2015 – upc cablecom has welcomed its millionth Horizon customer. The Liberty Global multimedia platform was launched in Switzerland just over two years ago. The Horizon HD Recorder is also available in Germany, the Netherlands, Ireland and Poland. Together, these countries have now cracked the million mark.
News categories: upc cablecom, Liberty Global, Frank Zelger, Eric Tveter, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Subscribers, Switzerland
Switzerland's upc cablecom launches MyPrime VOD
Sep 3, 2014 – upc cablecom has announced the launch of its online video library MyPrime. MyPrime costs CHF 9.95 per month and offers unlimited use of the complete library. Customers with a bundle can use MyPrime at no additional cost.
News categories: upc cablecom, Eric Tveter, Ivo Hoevel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, TV Everywhere
upc cablecom takes final steps from analogue to digital television
Apr 11, 2014 – On 3 June 2014 upc cablecom will be updating analogue television for the last time in German-speaking Switzerland and in parts of French-speaking Switzerland. In 2015 upc cablecom is stopping analogue services altogether.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland
Switzerland's upc cablecom now offering replay function
Nov 18, 2013 – upc cablecom has announced that customers can watch programmes they have missed with up to 30 hours’ delay. Thanks to upc cablecom’s new replay function, all programmes can be paused, watched in slow motion, fast forwarded and rewound.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Switzerland
Switzerland's upc cablecom introduces HbbTV
Dec 14, 2012 – Swiss cable operator upc cablecom has announced that, from January 2013, subscribers will be able to use the additional digital functions offered by HbbTV. TV subscribers can then benefit from background information on programmes and can use content interactively via Internet.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Switzerland
Switzerland's upc cablecom abolishes basic encryption
Oct 16, 2012 – upc cablecom has announced that by 1 January 2013 the 55 most popular TV channels (including HD) will be available in all households unencrypted. The cost of the basic digital offer (currently CHF 4 per month) will no longer apply.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Switzerland
Liberty Global Unveils Next-Generation TV Platform at IBC
Sep 8, 2011 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has presented 'Horizon', an elegant media and entertainment platform for the home, which seamlessly integrates cable, web-based and personal content.
News categories: Liberty Global, Apps, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Netherlands, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- Wowza Media Systems integrates EZDRM DRM-as-a-Service
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution